Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hoping to find some one that has a Trail edition and an ATV who trailers them both. I was looking at a 16x77” utility trailer with side load for an ATV. Can someone who has this setup confirm 16’ Will be enough. ATV is exactly 4‘ wide.
This is what the trailer looks like.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
That should work just fine. The KRX with no bumpers comes in at just shy of 11 feet long. I think I measured mine at 11’ 5” long with front and rear bumpers. That atv will hug the front rail so you’ll have about 7” to spare. I really like that trailer. On my 14’ I could haul my grizzly sideways with my wolverine side by side behind it but the wolverine was just shy of 10 feet long. Now with the KRX, I’m stuck.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Mine is 16' x 80". Definitely can't go any shorter than 16'. I would recommend backing the KRX on the trailer for a little better weight distribution. (more tongue weight) I did that for the pull home, and the trailer was definitely better behaved.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Mine is 16' x 80". Definitely can't go any shorter than 16'. I would recommend backing the KRX on the trailer for a little better weight distribution. (more tongue weight) I did that for the pull home, and the trailer was definitely better behaved.

View attachment 2809

View attachment 2810
Now that is a party on wheels. Very impressive.
#goals

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

View attachment 2809

View attachment 2810
Awesome setup and thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how much room you have from the side of the tire of the KRX to the rail on the trailer? I ask because you say you have 80” wide (between rails) and I am getting a 76” wide (between rails) trailer. I want to make sure mine will fit as I am picking up the trailer tomorrow. I don’t have my KRX yet To verify.
Also, do you or anyone else have etrack on your trailer, if so, can someone give me the centerline dimension between the tires of the KRX so the tracks will be centered under the tires so I can strap over the top As t looks like you have. I want to prep the trailer for when my KRX comes in. Thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
Awesome setup and thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how much room you have from the side of the tire of the KRX to the rail on the trailer? I ask because you say you have 80” wide (between rails) and I am getting a 76” wide (between rails) trailer. I want to make sure mine will fit as I am picking up the trailer tomorrow. I don’t have my KRX yet To verify.
Also, do you or anyone else have etrack on your trailer, if so, can someone give me the centerline dimension between the tires of the KRX so the tracks will be centered under the tires so I can strap over the top As t looks like you have. I want to prep the trailer for when my KRX comes in. Thanks
The KRX is only 68” wide. You’ll have plenty of space.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
352 Posts
It’s 68” wide at the rims edge. Tire bulge it’s closer to 70”. 72” is a clear safe number.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My advice, wait till you have your buggy on the trailer with your quad before you finalize placement. You don’t want to put any unnecessary holes in the decking.
I understand what you mean, however, I will be running etrack from front to back anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
It will fit fine on a 76" wide trailer. If you go with aftermarket wheels at some point, and get some suspension sag, it will get a little tighter. Even worst case, if you ended up at 72" wide, you would still fit with 2" to spare on either side. Mine is in the 70"-72"ish range with my wheels and sag.
You don't have to be perfectly centered with your e-track. I thought it was more important to be closer to center on the plank. Now I'm wider than when I mounted the track, (2nd picture) but no problem. I've since put on a couple hundred miles and added a spare, = more sag, and sit even wider than that picture.
If I did my math correctly, if you find the center of your trailer, and measure 29" to either side of center, that should put you approximately at the center of the tires. I ran my e-track from the very back of the trailer to as far forward as needed when hauling just the KRX. The atv, sitting transversely, straps down to D rings I mounted on the trailer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts