Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Finding a decent size cooler to fit the extra space provided by the Tusk was a frustrating exercise for me. 10"x12" was about the biggest I could find. Anything wider than about 12" was also 12"plus deep and would not fit the space between the box and the Tusk. My riding buds were laughing at the mini cooler in the back. LOL.....they ended up carrying my eats and I had plenty of room for cool beverages.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Gotcha. I'd like to out a box in the back but I personally think the TS box is to flimsy for the price...if it were cheaper I may go that route or even a sturdier box.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Parm whats the chances that i could stop by and see where you drilled and installed your rivnuts?

Im going to do mine on Sunday

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey Parm whats the chances that i could stop by and see where you drilled and installed your rivnuts?

You really can’t see them, as the cover is back on the bed. You’d just see the holes that the screws pass through.

It’s pretty easy to do.
1. remove the entire cargo area cover. (They’ll be 2 10mm bolts holding the mousetrap game looking thing to the back of the cover.)
2. Once your cover is off, flip it over and you’ll see the slots that the frame sits in.
3. Place the TS box upside down on your bench, then place your cargo cover upside down on top of that. Now you have a visual of where the box is in regards to where the frame rails are.
4. Drill four small holes in the center of the valley for the frame (it’s going to be a little offset due to the molding process. You’ll know what I mean when you see it) of your cargo tray straight through the bottom of the TS box.
5. Take the tray and put it back on the buggy and make your marks on the frame rails for the location of the rivnuts.
6. Remove the tray and now you know where to drill to install.

Just make sure to center your drill marks on the square frame rail. You can adjust your holes on the tray and box to line up. 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Look at this pic for a general idea of where to drill.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Went good took alittle time to get everything lined up a get the holes drilled in the correct spots but its good to go now.

Thanks

21 - 33 of 33 Posts