Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the folks that have the Tractor Supply box mounted in the rear bed, how did you secure it down?

I’m leaning more and more towards picking one up with the Tusk bed extender to replace my Kawi trunk.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
472 Posts
For the folks that have the Tractor Supply box mounted in the rear bed, how did you secure it down?

I’m leaning more and more towards picking one up with the Tusk bed extender to replace my Kawi trunk.
LOL I literally just made a video. Search thread “what’s in your toolbox?” I learned about how to do it from the link below but I don’t think he shows it installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I don't do any crazy riding (meaning no jumps). I have a Kawasaki tailgate storage box, and the Tractor Supply box fits perfectly behind it. I also have the Kawasaki spare tire rack. I didn't need to do anything but put the box in place since the walls of the bed, the tailgate box, and the spare tire rack surround it and keep it from moving. I have been riding with it for about 400 miles with no issues.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
472 Posts
I don't do any crazy riding (meaning no jumps). I have a Kawasaki tailgate storage box, and the Tractor Supply box fits perfectly behind it. I also have the Kawasaki spare tire rack. I didn't need to do anything but put the box in place since the walls of the bed, the tailgate box, and the spare tire rack surround it and keep it from moving. I have been riding with it for about 400 miles with no issues.
You mean not bolted down at all? That’s for sure some smooth riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took the bolts out of the bottom of the bed and added holes to the bottom of the tractor supply box. Got longer bolts and bolted thru to the factory mounts. Clean and I don't have to deal with straps.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got around to installing the TS box and Tusk cargo barrier, not a bad setup. I did mine so it can be removed easily (the box) using twist knobs and rivnuts in the frame.

Going to list up the Kawi trunk at some point, as I don’t need it anymore.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Finally got around to installing the TS box and Tusk cargo barrier, not a bad setup. I did mine so it can be removed easily (the box) using twist knobs and rivnuts in the frame.
View attachment 3149
View attachment 3150

Put my tusk gate on today as well...go figure it arrive jacked up like ever other accessory I have bought for this machine plus it was missing hardware. I'm having zero luck with accessories.. hopefully this isn't a sign of the machine being total crap

·
Registered
267 Posts
My end attachment brackets were bent to $hit also. To the point I thought I had the wrong tailgate.
As you can see mine were bent so bad it flaked the paint! I was worried that i was going to break it bending them back...then no hardware! SMFH

·
Registered
402 Posts
As you can see mine were bent so bad it flaked the paint!
That sucks......if it's any consolation, it bolts up rock solid once you get the hardware. I'm pretty happy with mine. The attachment brackets are some stupid soft metal tho. The paint would warrant a return.......well, I'd probably do something stupid like media blast it and paint the whole assembly a custom color....you know turn a 20 minute install into a huge project. Than tell everyone I planned it that way. ;)

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Put my tusk gate on today as well...go figure it arrive jacked up like ever other accessory I have bought for this machine plus it was missing hardware. I'm having zero luck with accessories.. hopefully this isn't a sign of the machine being total crap View attachment 3151 View attachment 3152
I got lucky with mine, nothing was bent. I can totally see how that would happen during shipping, they drop the box on its end, and bamo, bent ends. They should packs the ends in styrofoam.

·
Registered
73 Posts
View attachment 3149
View attachment 3150

Can you post a measurement of the space between the Tractor supply box and the Tusk gate?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got lucky with mine, nothing was bent. I can totally see how that would happen during shipping, they drop the box on its end, and bamo, bent ends. They should packs the ends in styrofoam.
Agree...I guess it's the new norm for me to get mangled non fitting parts 🤣

1 - 20 of 33 Posts