Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tractor supply has a truck storage box for $99 that is a perfect fit for the rear area even with the factory tailgate.

krx2.jpg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd say that it's too big as a cooler approx 32 x 15 x 12 tall.

In front of it, in the curve of the bed, is enough room for a 6 pack sized soft sided cooler.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
245 Posts
I'd say that it's too big as a cooler approx 32 x 15 x 12 tall.

In front of it, in the curve of the bed, is enough room for a 6 pack sized soft sided cooler.
Maybe I could fit a cooler inside it. Not bad for $99. How do you install the rivet nuts?

·
Registered
83 Posts

Don't want to steal this guy's thunder, so here's what I followed (more or less).

I did modify the clasp. Took out the middle one, sealed the holes, with silicone, and added the rubber clasps with some rivets.

I was gettig some dust in the box, but added some strips of door gasket to the lid and it's air tight.

The walls are thin, so it wouldn't be much of a cooler by itself.

The rivet nut tool you can get on Amazon (along with everything else, of course).

·
Registered
3 Posts
This box also fits nicely. Better made than the TSC box in my opinion, and cheaper $ as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
My tailgate is a standard kawi unit, and have almost 3" of clearance between box and tailgate.

I've see photos on a KRX facebook page of the cargo tailgate and the tractor supply box fits perfect flush. the guy had to mount lid latches on the sides of the box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts