Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. Had an opportunity to run wide open along a 2 mile straight run. The engine hit either a rev limiter/speed govenor with the MPH at 66/67 mph. Is this a factory setting?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Newbie here. Had an opportunity to run wide open along a 2 mile straight run. The engine hit either a rev limiter/speed govenor with the MPH at 66/67 mph. Is this a factory setting?
Yes. Thats about what I got out of mine. Low range is half that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got to 75 with 35s but that's because the tires are larger.

The tunes out there should eliminate the the speed limiter and give you higher revs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's what I would like to get. Did you get the sticky's (RC)?
I did but the 35s only come in a sticky. So far so good. They are pretty awesome. Should be breaking 1,000 miles on them soon. Can't wait to try them in the snow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did but the 35s only come in a sticky. So far so good. They are pretty awesome. Should be breaking 1,000 miles on them soon. Can't wait to try them in the snow.
I live in Arizona in the desert southwest so we ride a lot of forest service roads and desert trails so I don't think they would be the tire for here. Most of us have a harder compond tire but I plan to go to Moab where they should be perfect there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I live in Arizona in the desert southwest so we ride a lot of forest service roads and desert trails so I don't think they would be the tire for here. Most of us have a harder compond tire but I plan to go to Moab where they should be perfect there.
The majority of my riding is in desert and forest. The work very well. We have tons of whooped out sharp rock trails just like you guys. I haven't been to Moab with the KRX yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got to 75 with 35s but that's because the tires are larger.

The tunes out there should eliminate the the speed limiter and give you higher revs.
I am on the stock 31's. It has a Graves Tune on it. I would have thought that would have eliminated the limiter also.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's not just a limiter............the engine gearing itself has a ceiling..............and at top speed of ~68, engine is turning what, a screaming 9500 rpm?

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's not just a limiter............the engine gearing itself has a ceiling..............and at top speed of ~68, engine is turning what, a screaming 9500 rpm?
I can't get mine to scream. Needs more power and the limit to be raised which it should be able to take.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got back from Moab. Used my stocl Carnivores with 10 pounds and they worked great. Didn't even chirp once.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am on the stock 31's. It has a Graves Tune on it. I would have thought that would have eliminated the limiter also.
I have graves tune and exhaust with 31's. I hit 69 once and I let off because I was afraid something was going to blow, sounded awful lol. The tune doesn't seem to have picked up any gains top end only with torque and throttle response. Are the bigger tires a realized gain of speed or just showing that because of the speedo calibration?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Big tires are tested via police radar. Speedo flickers 67/68 on flat ground and radar shows 75. It's much less of an MPH change at slower speeds shown on gauge to actual speed with radar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts