Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
161 - 180 of 202 Posts
Being 10 ply I would say you could pick any pressure u want really. More so depends I guess on where/what the terrain is. I have 35" mrt x rox dd an there 8 ply an I run 8 pounds on all 4 corners with no issues but they do have kevlar sidewalls. I also have efx motoravage 8 ply an I run 10 in rear an 8 in front an have had no issues with them either. 8-10 psi range just simply has better traction all around, especially when rock crawling.

Being 10 ply I would say you could pick any pressure u want really. More so depends I guess on where/what the terrain is. I have 35" mrt x rox dd an there 8 ply an I run 8 pounds on all 4 corners with no issues but they do have kevlar sidewalls. I also have efx motoravage 8 ply an I run 10 in rear an 8 in front an have had no issues with them either. 8-10 psi range just simply has better traction all around, especially when rock crawling.
We run mostly desert trails. I think I will put fronts at 10 and rears at 12 for todays ride. I have the RCOR tenders and stocks set pretty soft for now. I worked hard all afternoon yesterday to get them mounted for todays ride. I left them at 36 over night and will adjust pressure this morning. Friend is buying the Carnivores which have 250 miles or so on them.

We run mostly desert trails. I think I will put fronts at 10 and rears at 12 for todays ride. I have the RCOR tenders and stocks set pretty soft for now. I worked hard all afternoon yesterday to get them mounted for todays ride. I left them at 36 over night and will adjust pressure this morning. Friend is buying the Carnivores which have 250 miles or so on them.
Gotcha. Ive never done any desert or sand riding so I wouldn't be of any help lol

I put 71 miles on the new tires today in the desert. I am happy with them. I notice that they grip the pavement a lot more than the Carnivores, and squawk a lot in corning. Which means I believe that they will really grab when rock crawling.

Handling was fine with 10/12 PSI. Ran on the highway at 55+ MPH for 6 or 7 miles and it was nice and stable. Will play with shock settings next time out.

Discussion starter · #167 ·
I put 71 miles on the new tires today in the desert. I am happy with them. I notice that they grip the pavement a lot more than the Carnivores, and squawk a lot in corning. Which means I believe that they will really grab when rock crawling.

Handling was fine with 10/12 PSI. Ran on the highway at 55+ MPH for 6 or 7 miles and it was nice and stable. Will play with shock settings next time out.
My KM3's chirp and bark and squeal on any and all paved surfaces and rocks. Yes, they stick like glue on the rocks and are outstanding on snow and ice.

Now that you have some miles on them what are your thoughts, Looking for 33's with good sidewalls due to sharp rocks in places I ride. I assume they are stable and ok for some street needs being radial DOT's
I am very happy with them for our desert riding here, still at 10F and 12R, with front sway bar disconnected. Just careful with high speed corners. We have been running out 5 to 7 miles to enter the desert and they are fine on the highway. Speedometer is within a couple tens to the GPS is my tablet.

I am very happy with them for our desert riding here, still at 10F and 12R, with front sway bar disconnected. Just careful with high speed corners. We have been running out 5 to 7 miles to enter the desert and they are fine on the highway. Speedometer is within a couple tens to the GPS is my tablet. View attachment 7177
Nice disconnect bkt. I will change my zip ties, lol

STI X Comp A/T 33x10-15

Smaller version of what f150dan has pictured above.
View attachment 6281
I am pretty happy with my tires. Today we have six rigs in the desert. This hill is much stepper that the photo shows the other claimed it in low range and ground a little at the top, I ran it in high range and give it a little heck! They thought I was going to go airborne at the top, but I backed off.

Sweet new tire set-up. 35" Pro Armor Crawlers on 15x7 5+2 rims in full billet look.

tires measure 33 1/2 - 34" actual height. Photos of them next to my 32" pro armor crawlers, those measure out at about 30.5"

took if for a quick spin, and Vforce John tune and stock clutches still hook up and pull hard off the line and mid range does not disappoint. I've got 700 miles on stock belt and clutches, so may need clutches in a couple hundred miles.

Sweet new tire set-up. 35" Pro Armor Crawlers on 15x7 5+2 rims in full billet look.

tires measure 33 1/2 - 34" actual height. Photos of them next to my 32" pro armor crawlers, those measure out at about 30.5"

took if for a quick spin, and Vforce John tune and stock clutches still hook up and pull hard off the line and mid range does not disappoint. I've got 700 miles on stock belt and clutches, so may need clutches in a couple hundred miles.

View attachment 7487 View attachment 7488 View attachment 7489
I definitely like those wheels on that machine better.

View attachment 7487 View attachment 7488 View attachment 7489
You got your white hood! Where? That stock belt is going grove your shives.

And lost some graphic decals on the sides! Looks good.

Good looking wheels. Strange those tires are so undersized but you got what you wanted.

161 - 180 of 202 Posts