Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
121 - 140 of 202 Posts
Discussion starter · #121 ·
Thanks @BobX2. That's great to hear! I'll have green ones ready to go...Just not sure if i should move them along or not. What's the going rate per wheel these days? I'm sure in phx area, I wouldn't have much trouble getting rid of them. Huge sxs community here.
Are you talking about a bare wheel, or wheel/tire together? With almost 200 miles on my Carnivores I'd list them at $325 each. Offered them to a buddy at the buddy discount of $1000 takes all. Haven't heard back from him yet. Wants to put them on his 2020 XP4. I don't know if they bolt right on or not. Told him to try them and see but still no response so they are still chillin in my basement.

The tires and rims together with about 500 miles, I likely won't need them but no biggie to store them. The bolt pattern is the same with Polaris, I believe, so they should bolt on, minus whatever the other concerns would be for that machine and a bigger tire. When it burns up they may blame it on the tires somehow...lol.😲

The tires and rims together with about 500 miles, I likely won't need them but no biggie to store them. The bolt pattern is the same with Polaris, I believe, so they should bolt on, minus whatever the other concerns would be for that machine and a bigger tire. When it burns up they may blame it on the tires somehow...lol.😲
Not sure the stock krx rims will work w polaris.the rims use the hub to center,hence the flat washer w lug nuts.Polaris wheels use tapered lugnuts to center their wheels.

that's a good point @GWH, aftermarket wheels are much more fit-able so to speak where as the oem may be more specific. Bolt pattern same but type of rim would dictate fitment i suppose. Probably easier to swap around aftermarket wheels with same bolt pattern due to lug design/options.

I just replaced my Carnivores( less than 400 miles) with 32" KM3's. Huge difference in ride and noise. Thanks BobX2 for the recommendation. Can't wait to get out in the hills and try them out. Waiting for a little precip so there's less chance of starting a fire. Just wanted to give a shout out to another brand of tires. I ordered 3 of these Mahindra Roxors at work last fall and the one I use came with EFX MotoVator tires. Getting close to 1000 miles and showing little to no wear. My driving is on hard pack for the most part(underground) with a little mud and sometimes some snow on surface. I'm on a lot of sharp rocks with no flats as of yet. This is a +3000lb. machine as well. Would have considered these but the added $60 a tire, and the positive feedback of the KM3's made me go that direction.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #128 ·
Went with method 409 bead grip and 32 liberties.

Edit for pics.
Turns out they seem much larger than the oem but the seat of the pant feel when getting in has the seat feeling noticeably higher. The site lists them at almost 32.5.
View attachment 4612 View attachment 4613
Looks good.
What air pressure are you running in them? It looks high. I would run them at around 12 to 14 psi.

Looks good.
What air pressure are you running in them? It looks high. I would run them at around 12 to 14 psi.
I haven't set the pressure yet, so they are still fresh mount, bead popping pressure. I'll run them at 14 -15 to start and play with it accordingly till i find what's nice. These wear really well even at max pressure, watching all my friends with x3's that run them at 18. This was a big factor in going with liberties, the wear and what they go thru here on sharp desert rocks and even sand wash, from first hand experience, is impressive, so figured give these a shot.

I haven't set the pressure yet, so they are still fresh mount, bead popping pressure. I'll run them at 14 -15 to start and play with it accordingly till i find what's nice. These wear really well even at max pressure, watching all my friends with x3's that run them at 18. This was a big factor in going with liberties, the wear and what they go thru here on sharp desert rocks and even sand wash, from first hand experience, is impressive, so figured give these a shot.
Went with liberties also they are a great tire

Well the maiden ride was sweet! I'll admit, having not owned lug centric before, the lug centric on these method 409s sort of unnerved me initially vs the fit of the oem hub centric, but they performed flawlessly. Discount and the local shop were indeed right, that lug centric is fine and nothing to worry about. Learn new things every day.

Discussion starter · #137 ·
Well the maiden ride was sweet! I'll admit, having not owned lug centric before, the lug centric on these method 409s sort of unnerved me initially vs the fit of the oem hub centric, but they performed flawlessly. Discount and the local shop were indeed right, that lug centric is fine and nothing to worry about. Learn new things every day.
LOL There is a lot of fear and mis-information out there about lug centric wheels. I would almost bet every vehicle you own/drive has lug centric wheels on it. They have been around forever and work perfectly fine.

Discussion starter · #139 ·
I torque mine down to however tight I get them using my 3/8" ratchet. I've never lost one or had one come loose. Bead lock bolts I do torque, wheel lugs, never. I put them on with the tool I use to remove them.

Here’s my new set of tires

I got another set of factory wheels and sold the tires. Then sandblasted and powder coated the rings red. The tires are 35x10r15 STI X Comp AT DOT tires.

121 - 140 of 202 Posts