Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
144 Posts
So bob did you get your machine out to see how the tires behave yet. I’m in a toss up between the bfgs and the system 350. I did the 350 before and liked them but on the doll head rocks they seamed to have a lot of flex and would chunk the tread.
I’m interested in this too. Carnivores are definitely not a good fit for me nor where I live.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
So bob did you get your machine out to see how the tires behave yet. I’m in a toss up between the bfgs and the system 350. I did the 350 before and liked them but on the doll head rocks they seamed to have a lot of flex and would chunk the tread.
Just got home from 5 days of riding in the Colorado high country. Put 275 miles on the KM3's, and they were flawless. The grip was as good as any tire I've ever run on this type of trail riding. Had a couple of runs, about 1/2 mile each way, on dry pavement, and no tire noise could be heard. No tears, chunks and no flats. These were NOT easy trail miles. See pictures below of the trails we were on.

Click link for short video. (I know, Kawasaki rookie mistake. Forgot about the diff. lock. I'm used to the Polaris machines where the diff locks automatically)
New video by Bob Laws

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Awesome was that up in st Mary’s.
The pictures, from top to bottom.

Mt. Antero
Tincup Pass
Iron Chest Mine
Mary Murphy Mine
Trail to Iron Chest mine (2)
Chinaman Gulch
The video was also at Chinaman Gulch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I debated long & hard about whether to get the BFG's or the EFX MotoClaw. Although the larger diameter of the BFG's was appealing, I finally decided to go with the MotoClaw. Mostly do to the more aggressive tread and sidewall protection, just seemed to fit my usual riding environment better...I hope! Plus I can use one motoclaw as a spare, replacing the Carnivore that I destroyed ,until I either destroy another carnivore or wear them out. All the reviews I could find on them were positive with many comments on the toughness of the tire in sharp loose rocky environments.
Update Aug 8th. I received the Motoclaws last Friday and have mounted the spare. Its about .5" narrower at the tread
than the Carnivore. But WOW the stiffness is incredible! The carnivore I could easily flex both the tread and the sidewall, but not the Motoclaw. Its stiff as all get out. Motoclaw weighs 41 lbs as compared to Carnivore at 34 lbs. now I wait for the carnivores to either wear out or continue to have puncture issues before I mount the rest of the Motoclaws.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
54 Posts
Funny you say that, I just put a set of System3 RT320 33’s on my KRX.

I liked my Quadboss tires, but cut a chunk out of the sidewall on one my last trip out. I was looking for taller tires anyway

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome. What is your ground clearance sitting at now?

What I like about this tire and size is you still get really good ground clearance without the crazy tire weights that most of the 35s out there have.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
54 Posts
I’ve not measured ground clearance yet. Waiting on my EXE arms and readjust shocks from sag first.

I’m currently running 10 psi in these tires, but may let out a bit more for offroad. I don’t think I’m getting the traction I had with the Quadboss tires but definitely more clearance.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I’ve not measured ground clearance yet. Waiting on my EXE arms and readjust shocks from sag first.

I’m currently running 10 psi in these tires, but may let out a bit more for offroad. I don’t think I’m getting the traction I had with the Quadboss tires but definitely more clearance.
10 psi is what I found to be the happy place for my BFG KM3's. That gave me some really good flex in the sidewalls without getting too close to the rims. I know all tires are a little different in how much the sidewalls flex, thus better ride and traction, but that's what works for mine.
Did you ever get a height measurement on the Quadboss tires? I know they looked kind of short for a 32" tire.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
If you watch the tires close, this video kind of shows how 10 psi works in mine. Don't think I want any lower pressure than that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
lots of tires are advertised as one size and end up measuring another. Nice to hear the systems measure fairly true. Guessing same for all their options. Bobx2, how do the km3s ring in? thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
lots of tires are advertised as one size and end up measuring another. Nice to hear the systems measure fairly true. Guessing same for all their options. Bobx2, how do the km3s ring in? thanks.
The 32" KM3's with the full weight of the KRX on them measure 31-5/8" from the floor to the top of tire @ 12 psi. Pretty much a true 32" tire since tires are supposed to be measured without the weight of the machine on them.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts