Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Tires, Tires, Tires

70K views 201 replies 41 participants last post by  Dew 
Still have my OEM's that would likely go on in case of a warranty issue, just in case. ;)
As for the tread depth, they are not a mud tire, regardless of the name. LOL Just going by reviews, I think they are the right choice for hard, rocky trails. No need for macho looking, deep tread. (although that does look better) We will see once I'm able to get out and put some miles on them.
Do you know what’s the number of lbs you don’t want to exceed on tires?

I watched the M3 video. For all the ranting and raving they were doing over the tune, it was less than 3/4 second faster 0-60 than the bone stock KRX they also had. Keep in mind it was still in the 10+ second range. On their little short course they have, they were only running about 1 second quicker laps in the tuned rig. To listen to them talk about it during the video, you would think it turned it into a rocket ship, but their testing and timed runs they were making showed different. I personally don't see the value in a tune for these machines. If you want big power you need to wait for the turbo machines to come out.
I agree 100%. It’s just like a car. Bolt ons will get you so far. The dollars spent vs what you receive isn’t worth it at all. Turbos is definitely the way to go.

I agree BUT, 3/4 second to 60 is a very big jump. That represents a considerable HP upgrade. I dunno but I would wager they are pulling another 20hp out of her. I think a guy would most surely notice the change. And if its reducing the bottom lag I would be happy about that. I drive and love diesels because of the torque at low rpm. I love me some torque grunt.
Yea different strokes for different folks. I’d go full turbo before any bolts ons.

So bob did you get your machine out to see how the tires behave yet. I’m in a toss up between the bfgs and the system 350. I did the 350 before and liked them but on the doll head rocks they seamed to have a lot of flex and would chunk the tread.
I’m interested in this too. Carnivores are definitely not a good fit for me nor where I live.

Interesting. I just looked up the 32-10-15 BFG KM3 on the Discount Tire web site here. According to the website you can buy a road hazard certificate that covers the tires down to 3/32 tread left on the tire. I would definitely call them on that before assuming that's correct. The pictures of the tire are the regular truck tire, but when you enter the tire size the specs and other info matches the UTV tire, including the listed VPN (Vendor Product Number) . Compared it to the sticker off my tires.
I ended up going with a 32” tire too Bob. There was a clearance sale on maxxis liberties which look like they’ll be a great fit for my type of terrain and drive style.

It will be interesting to get your thoughts on them. I don't know anybody that runs those. They are supposed to be a pretty good hard terrain and rock tire. I believe that's the tire Canam puts on it's RC model. (don't know the rest of the alphabet they have for it. I'm sure it's X this or XX that :ROFLMAO:)
Hopefully they measure true to size for you. Seems to be hit or miss with Maxxis. I know their Bighorns run big, Vipr's run small and the Carnivores run small.
Will get them mounted soon. Really thinking about doing the work myself since no tire machine is needed. Dealer wanted $250 to mount them, they are crazy. Will measure them and see what the true size is. Love the tread pattern.

It will be interesting to get your thoughts on them. I don't know anybody that runs those. They are supposed to be a pretty good hard terrain and rock tire. I believe that's the tire Canam puts on it's RC model. (don't know the rest of the alphabet they have for it. I'm sure it's X this or XX that :ROFLMAO:)
Hopefully they measure true to size for you. Seems to be hit or miss with Maxxis. I know their Bighorns run big, Vipr's run small and the Carnivores run small.
Yep I saw that they do come standard on those RC models. Same size also in a 32. Man I know regarding the names. Who the hell thought of that crap? Jeez Louise. I think the most boggling is Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo Max RR With Smart Shox. Like what the hell is that??

Interesting. I just looked up the 32-10-15 BFG KM3 on the Discount Tire web site here. According to the website you can buy a road hazard certificate that covers the tires down to 3/32 tread left on the tire. I would definitely call them on that before assuming that's correct. The pictures of the tire are the regular truck tire, but when you enter the tire size the specs and other info matches the UTV tire, including the listed VPN (Vendor Product Number) . Compared it to the sticker off my tires.
Finally got around to installing the 32” maxxis liberty. Man what a difference in stance and ride. This is exactly what I needed.

Hope you keep us up to date on these. I'm looking hard at them and I'm curious what the tread wear's going to be like.
Yes sir will do. They come stock on the RC model can ams and coincidentally these tires even had the can am decals. So they must of been a canceled order or something. From the 5 miles or so I’ve rode, they are way smoother and I noticed a big increase in traction going up dunes and hills. Large enough difference that I have to back off the gas to not fly off the top of the dune. Stance is an inch taller and not sure how much wider but they are noticeably wider. They should of came stock IMO.

I wanted something more aggressive that liberties or KM3's, but not as open void as the 370's, settled on 32" pro armor XG's:

here is a pic of them in 35's.

View attachment 3697
That’s a great lookin tire, reminds me of a super swamper IROK.

I haven't set the pressure yet, so they are still fresh mount, bead popping pressure. I'll run them at 14 -15 to start and play with it accordingly till i find what's nice. These wear really well even at max pressure, watching all my friends with x3's that run them at 18. This was a big factor in going with liberties, the wear and what they go thru here on sharp desert rocks and even sand wash, from first hand experience, is impressive, so figured give these a shot.
Went with liberties also they are a great tire