Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also, I do like the KM3 UTV tires and had a set of those in 32 on my X3. The only downsize is the bead is too thick for every utv beadlock but Walker Evans.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
235 Posts
Couple of points I would argue with you.

1 - "32s can probably do about 80% what 35s can but with much more abuse."
I would put that closer to at least 95% without any more abuse.

2 - "35s will rock crawl MUCH better."
Maybe if you were doing extreme rock crawling, which very few people do.

Fortunately they make tires in a size for everyone. I stated above my reasons for liking a 32", and I'm sticking by them. :ROFLMAO:

I do some fairly hardcore rock crawling on occasion and have yet to find a spot I couldn't handle on 32's that I could have done with 35's. Is that spot out there? Probably, but I have not yet found it, and likely won't. I have no plans to run KOH. :LOL:

Different strokes for different folks. No reason for everyone to get worked up over it, so lets make sure we keep this thread civil. (y)

PS I forgot to mention that I also really like that these BFG's are a steel belted radial. This accounts for a little bit of the weight over other 32's, but also makes them tough as hell when out in the rocks.
Well I guess we found “that guy” bob. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
217 Posts
Also, I do like the KM3 UTV tires and had a set of those in 32 on my X3. The only downsize is the bead is too thick for every utv beadlock but Walker Evans.
Mounted mine on Tusk beadlocks. No problems other than it took forever to get the bolts torqued properly. Bet I touched each of the 20 bolts at least 8 times on each wheel. About 45 minutes per wheel for me to get them done.

Don't understand why you keep questioning if anyone has experience with the 35" on a KRX. I've had a bunch of different 4x4's, atv's and a couple of side by sides, and a bunch of different size tires on them all. Doesn't matter the machine, I know the effect of different size tires.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
217 Posts
Again, nothing to contribute.

Maybe you should read more and post less. Your #fakenews is CNN worthy.
That's enough. Not going to let this thread go that direction.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone running factory fender flares with 35's? The KOH video looks like there could be some interference in tight articulated turns.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is another stock KRX on 35s short race video against a Honda Pioneer 1000 lol
YouTube Link
That’s not just a normal pioneer. I know him and it has the talon ecu, gear reduction, 72” wide with 16” travel and 32” tires... he didn’t expect the krx to outrun him. Lol. They are putting skids, front driveshaft and a couple other things on the krx tonight.

·
Registered
12 Posts

i run 35” zillas on my krx and I can tell you it makes a difference. I did a rutted hill climb with a massive rock in the middle of it a few weeks ago. I’m the only one who made it. A talon on 32’s, x3xds on 32’s, and 2 krx’s on 32’s all tried multiple times and couldn’t get up over the rock. I’m definitely a believer in the difference. Will there be more wear and tear? Probably, but so far in 400 trail miles, no issues whatsoever. Headed to moab in a couple weeks and excited to ride out there. I live in the ozarks so our rocks and mud is much more destructive that that slick rock they have. BFG KM3 do not work here. My buddy with 32’s on his talon hates the tires.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
217 Posts
i run 35” zillas on my krx and I can tell you it makes a difference. I did a rutted hill climb with a massive rock in the middle of it a few weeks ago. I’m the only one who made it. A talon on 32’s, x3xds on 32’s, and 2 krx’s on 32’s all tried multiple times and couldn’t get up over the rock. I’m definitely a believer in the difference. Will there be more wear and tear? Probably, but so far in 400 trail miles, no issues whatsoever. Headed to moab in a couple weeks and excited to ride out there. I live in the ozarks so our rocks and mud is much more destructive that that slick rock they have. BFG KM3 do not work here. My buddy with 32’s on his talon hates the tires.
I'm heading out to Moab Oct. 10. Haven't had the KRX out there yet, so really looking forward to it. The General did great, and the KRX should be even better. If you haven't ridden there before, you are going to love it. You will have a whole new appreciation for the pictures and videos you see after your trip. They just don't even come close to doing it justice. You'll understand once you get there.
The slick rock out there is plenty destructive, just in a different way. Your tires will look like you took a belt sander to them, and the softer they are, the more rubber you will leave in Moab. 😁
Unfortunately, there is no perfect tire for every riding condition. We have little to no mud to deal with here out west, and for that I'm very thankful, so big knarly, monster lug tires are of no advantage to us.

Golden Crack
Hot tub on Hells Revenge

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
217 Posts
This was a perfect example of the extreme crawling I was talking about. No doubt that was the right choice for that riding/crawling. Nothing like showing all those monster turbo machines what's up. To bad he broke down or he could have easily finished top 10 or higher. Running 7th when he broke.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anyone running factory fender flares with 35's? The KOH video looks like there could be some interference in tight articulated turns.
Do you mean the Kawasaki brand extended flairs?
I have the OEM flairs and I have no rubbing at all. I highly doubt the Kawi extended flairs would hit too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm heading out to Moab Oct. 10. Haven't had the KRX out there yet, so really looking forward to it. The General did great, and the KRX should be even better. If you haven't ridden there before, you are going to love it. You will have a whole new appreciation for the pictures and videos you see after your trip. They just don't even come close to doing it justice. You'll understand once you get there.
The slick rock out there is plenty destructive, just in a different way. Your tires will look like you took a belt sander to them, and the softer they are, the more rubber you will leave in Moab. 😁
Unfortunately, there is no perfect tire for every riding condition. We have little to no mud to deal with here out west, and for that I'm very thankful, so big knarly, monster lug tires are of no advantage to us.

Golden Crack
Hot tub on Hells Revenge
I am in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington quite a bit. We have some muddy and swampy spots and the Roxxzillas surprisingly do well in the mud here. Anything from slop to clay. Great tire!

·
Registered
94 Posts
That’s not just a normal pioneer. I know him and it has the talon ecu, gear reduction, 72” wide with 16” travel and 32” tires... he didn’t expect the krx to outrun him. Lol. They are putting skids, front driveshaft and a couple other things on the krx tonight.
That's awesome!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts