Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured this is best time as any to post a build thread on my rig. I'm not a mechanic, shop, no sponsors, not a racer (though that seems fun as hell!) - just a normal guy who tends to break stuff and fix it and then break something else then fix it again lol! Love hate relationship as I've had more than my fair share of issues and struggles but when things are running it's def awesome. Ride dunes, trails, crawl rocks, catch air time on dune hills, ice/snow etc this thing had done it all! Some days I want to throw in the towel and others I'm happy as can be!

2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition - here's my build list
  • Factory A-arm gaurds
  • Factory trailing arm gaurds
  • Factory side mirrors
  • Factory rear view mirror
  • Factory Tailgate Box
  • Factory Click-6 harnesses
  • Factory front headlight bumper
  • Super ATV full skid plate
  • Rokblokz mud flaps front and rear
  • 35" rockzillas on system 3 10" 5x5 offsets all around
  • 32" system 3 360's all around for sand/snow
  • Tusk fold down windshield with manual wiper
  • Street Legal kit from Ryco w/ fang lights
  • XTC fuse block power controller
  • Nlight rocker switches
  • Nlight 40" Curved LED Light bar w/ amber film
  • Ecoxgear 32" 360 Sound Bar
  • Ecoxgear Sub
  • RCOR clutch weights
  • Ghoost Belt
  • BRP shift gate
  • Assault industries Shift knob
  • Assault industries Quick release clamps
  • Fox Racing Suspension setup all around
  • Full access UTV Front shock brackets and a-arm braces
  • Full access UTV Roll over valve
  • Full access UTV Fuel rail
  • Full access UTV Fuel filter
  • Razer Edge Design Frog Skin Covers
  • Trinity Racing Air Filter
  • MBRP Performance Slip-On Exhaust
  • Metal Floor drain plug
  • Winch Bump stop
  • Dyno PV3 Tuner
  • Kraftwerks super charger system
  • Wossner Forged Pistons and Rings (stock compression to work with supercharger setup)
  • Universal Catch Can
  • Tusk 6' LED whips / firestik flags for dune (simple metal bracket for both)
  • Front sway bar disconnected (zip tied)
  • Brute force carrier bearing upgrade.
  • Brute force tow points (front and rear)
And some pics of course! I have more pics of it apart from this year then together but will spare those for now!

@Rocky Heap there ya go started a thread for those who want to know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very cool build. I just picked up my 22 KRX Trail Edition this week. I have a huge build ahead of me with almost all the parts you listed off, except the super charger.

As far as the Nlight 40" Curved LED Light bar w/ amber film - Is this film you added yourself, or did it come that way?
I just ordered this bar last night, with EMP mounts. I like the idea of amber lights (to attract less bugs), but does it offer advantages as your main light?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool build. I just picked up my 22 KRX Trail Edition this week. I have a huge build ahead of me with almost all the parts you listed off, except the super charger.

As far as the Nlight 40" Curved LED Light bar w/ amber film - Is this film you added yourself, or did it come that way?
I just ordered this bar last night, with EMP mounts. I like the idea of amber lights (to attract less bugs), but does it offer advantages as your main light?
Just got some amber film off Amazon and cut/applied it myself (easy to take off and/or reapply when needed). Didn't want to spent much on a light that will likely hit a tree branch or ground though I love the KC light look just not price. It helps in the dunes with sand/dust - less glare than bright white. I did end up mounting my pbr brackets flipped and drilled new hole so the light basically sits on my roof and clears my window folding down. Cost effective route here - light was $80ish, mounts $25 and film $8 https://a.co/d/3VvLajj

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
553 Posts
Glad to see that you got your engine back together and you didn't give up!

Reactions: Chilled Rider

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to see that you got your engine back together and you didn't give up!
[/QUOTE

I think I've given up like 10x but then sleep on it and give it another go. Learn more each time I take everything apart and trouble shoot when it doesn't go to plan. Have had friend's sxs in shops longer than its taken me each time to get back out there and even then the shop or dealer messed up and had to go back. I just get to yell at my self or back luck then go fix it again! Ask me again Monday after we ride this weekend and it might turn into a for sale ad or maybe post how awesome it went ha ha!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice... No shock springs yet? Ya have lot of time and $ into your baby.
The fox racing shocks I added come with eibach springs. They have high and low compression adjustments, rebound adjustments and better end caps and larger 3" springs on the rear.

Yep lots of time and money for sure! And I didn't list everything I've replaced...don't make me add that up my wife might see it ha

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love it! We have the same year and model, only mine is stock still. Can’t wait to start modding it like you.
Modding is the fun part! Enjoy!

Replacing destroyed pistons, grooved primaries, clutch oil seals, shredded stator, flywheel seared off key, reinstalling crank bolts again, bent valves, cam shafts, engine head, pistons again, primary clutch again and everything around it, super charger oil seal (again), super charger belt etc not so much fun!!! It's been a rough year and sure I've missed lots of stuff! Could have upgraded to hcr and new roll cage this year had not paid all the above!!! As a friend says "It's only money. You can always make more!"

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
553 Posts
Modding is the fun part! Enjoy!

Replacing destroyed pistons, grooved primaries, clutch oil seals, shredded stator, flywheel seared off key, reinstalling crank bolts again, bent valves, cam shafts, engine head, pistons again, primary clutch again and everything around it, super charger oil seal (again), super charger belt etc not so much fun!!! It's been a rough year and sure I've missed lots of stuff! Could have upgraded to hcr and new roll cage this year had not paid all the above!!! As a friend says "It's only money. You can always make more!"
Also known as a rough education. School of hard knocks. One learns that way and retains the knowledge better than learning from a book.
When I was a young man, I was into building and modifying engines for street and drag racing. I will never forget the damage that occurred to my favorite 331 small block Chevrolet engine. Lost a brand-new Cloyes dual roller timing chain at 7800 RPM in turn it destroyed all sixteen Manley stainless steel valves and pushrods along with all eight 12.5.1 TRW pistons. Made me sick but I did not quit and went on to have a great time hot rodding. Sometimes sh!t happens.

Reactions: theman

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did I miss the Full Access steel transmission skid plate or did you miss it. I bet your machine weight is equal or more than my 2380 pound machine?

View attachment 11786
No I haven't added that plate. 1/2" skid plate will help for now - I know it can damage through that and all but atleast it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also known as a rough education. School of hard knocks. One learns that way and retains the knowledge better than learning from a book.
When I was a young man, I was into building and modifying engines for street and drag racing. I will never forget the damage that occurred to my favorite 331 small block Chevrolet engine. Lost a brand-new Cloyes dual roller timing chain at 7800 RPM in turn it destroyed all sixteen Manley stainless steel valves and pushrods along with all eight 12.5.1 TRW pistons. Made me sick but I did not quit and went on to have a great time hot rodding. Sometimes sh!t happens.
Def learn from every failure. Sometime you just get unlucky despite your best efforts. I've had new sensors DOA, new long blocks fail leak down tests, new circlips fail, ECU die mid rebuilds etc all things I had no control over. End of the day your trouble shoot over and over till you find the root cause. Engineering back ground helps and end up with running engines at the end of day. Love hate for sure.

·
Super Moderator
112 Posts
I feel your pain. I did a couple 900 builds on two 2014 Teryx machines and I will not go that route again. Went through a PC5 the first actual ride at Windrock coincidentally and went through another PC5 on the other machine. Believe it or not the old PC3 hacked for Teryx for the brute force was a lot more reliable unit than the 5. Only problem was when I built the engine I had to go to the PC5 from the Benchmark flashed ECM on one and PC3 on the other. All got warranties but just building those two engines cost me immeasurable fun and time. Never again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel your pain. I did a couple 900 builds on two 2014 Teryx machines and I will not go that route again. Went through a PC5 the first actual ride at Windrock coincidentally and went through another PC5 on the other machine. Believe it or not the old PC3 hacked for Teryx for the brute force was a lot more reliable unit than the 5. Only problem was when I built the engine I had to go to the PC5 from the Benchmark flashed ECM on one and PC3 on the other. All got warranties but just building those two engines cost me immeasurable fun and time. Never again.
Def not paid! I think you meant pain! I've rebuilt bayliner boat motor, my yfz450s ATV, cars etc. I'm a diy guy if I can learn and have time. Software developer by trade but I'd be mechanic or handyman if that fell through! Sorry bout your bad experiences as well man!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts