Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Christmas present to myself, I decided to upgrade from our Sena 20s Evo intercoms to a real UTV intercom system. After a 2 hour shakedown run though the back roads of WV I can say that I’m very pleased with my purchase.

What I got: I bought TheCOM S4S v3 intercom, power filter, 2 behind the head headphones and the black steel dash mounting plate. I didn’t purchase a radio since I typically ride solo. I ended up designing and 3D printing a storage pocket for the radio hole.

Installation: The install process was very easy. I mounted the power filter inside the dash cubby and powered everything from the bus bar. I then screwed the intercom to the face plate and used the applied screws to attach it all to the dash. Next I routed the 6ft headphone cables under the center tunnel and drilled and grommeted 2 holes just behind the seats to run them to each person.

Headphones: I bought 2 of their behind the head earphones. They look and feel high quality. The microphone works fantastic and the stereo sound is very good. You won’t mistake the sound quality for Bose units but for off-roading they are perfect. Regarding comfort I think they feel great but my wife thought they applied too much pressure on her temples. I plan on rigging up something so that she can use her existing plug phones with the system.

Helmets: I personally like wearing a helmet so I bought 2 Amped off-road helmets. They fit very well and work perfectly with the headphones. With 3 buckles they do take more time to put on but nothing too terrible.

Impression: The intercom and headphones do an amazing job quieting the vehicle down. You can still hear the motor but it’s much much quieter and in the background. The microphone and noise canceling feature also works very well and provides great voice quality. They definitely allow for a more relaxed ride.

Overall: the S4S Intercom is a big improvement over the Sena system. The installation was easy and I'm pleased with the build and feature quality. It’s not cheap but nothing in this hobby is. I cannot wait to put it to use this year.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
243 Posts
I mounted my rugged intercom on the underside of the roof, to make it easier to drop the head set connections down by the seats. My radio will remain on the cubby cover I made. The external mic is not longer needed. The intercom has two radio PTT buttons and I put a remote talk button on top of the turn signal module. My phone with music loaded is blue toothed the the intercom if I want music in the headphones.

I have an extra Rugged Radio V3 handheld(new in the box with mount for radio and mic as picture) and a slightly used external mic pictured. For pick up in East Valley of Phoenix preferred. Radio and mount 75 and with mic 95.

I

1 - 2 of 2 Posts