Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
That’s exactly what I did. Mine are up higher than they need to be. The turnbuckles are a slight obstacle when accessing the sides. But I like that I can pull the box without unloading it.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I did both those mods!

I put a USB port in the center big opening, I have the rubber net thing there. Then I added another in the top lid part.

I would inadvertently bump the winch switch when inserting or removing a beverage. So I added an on/off switch to break the power to the winch rocker switch. I chose this one and I highly recommend it.

APIELE 10 Amp 19mm Latching Push Button Switch 12V LED Waterproof Stainless Steel Round Self-Locking 1NO(Blue, 19mm) APIELE 10 Amp 19mm Latching Push Button Switch 12V LED Waterproof Stainless Steel Round Self-Locking 1NO(Blue, 19mm): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I put it beside the USB power port in the big opening. No more inadvertent winch operation.

I’m sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.
I think that's a good idea to move the winch switch from in front of the shifter. Maybe over by the light switch. A passenger in my machine had his hand on my GPS and hit the winch switch, pulling the hook in through the fairlead cracking it. $75 oops

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
So I have been busy installing things on the KRX since I arrived back in AZ Monday. Got the used tailgate installed, the Husky box tied down, test towed it on the trailer and measure pin weight at around 400 lbs. Install the drivers side harness, roll over valve, H pattern shift gate, Warn winch bumper, the winch disable lighted switch and two port usb outlet with volt meter. Got hiway tags for it. I have a 3 Star half windshield order and a bad ass belt. I will do the clutch weights and belt at the same time.

Winch enabled.

Winch disabled.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So I did the passengers seat today with the same spacers. A plus is that when a shorter person moves the seat forward they will also be raised up.

I got this box for the bed. Tying it down will have to wait for when I return in the fall. What is the best way to do that?

View attachment 4281
Tied down.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
Have you got to take it out yet? I’m a tall guy myself and the first thing I added was knee pads on the console and the doors. They were absolutely necessary after the first ride

Reactions: TexomaScott

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Have you got to take it out yet? I’m a tall guy myself and the first thing I added was knee pads on the console and the doors. They were absolutely necessary after the first ride
Not yet. I got goggles today and a summer gator at Cycle Gear. Once I get the windshield next week, I will put some easy miles on it out in the desert down by Florence.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You will most likely pass by my RV resort in Gold Canyon, if you want to get your hitch weighed send me a private message. Chris

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Well today the stuff showed up to move the tablet to the top windshield frame. Made my own SS 10/24 u-bolts to mount a RAM ball and got a short RAM arm. I think this car is ready for some trails now. I did take it out to Wells off road the other day and put a few miles on it. Maybe some more tomorrow.

Now to find the missing 10/24 Nyloc that went AOL. On edit: cleaned up the man cave a bit and found IT!

·
Registered
196 Posts
How was Wells. Did you go on the north or south side of the 60? Looks like nothing but wide open throttle....

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
How was Wells. Did you go on the north or south side of the 60? Looks like nothing but wide open throttle....
South side, have to get some miles and hours on it before going wide open.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Well I installed the bad ass belt today at 94 miles on the clock. Little or no dust inside the belt cover. Checked on the retainer clips on the weight shafts, as I had install the RCOR weights at 22 miles.

Today I took on another project. I ordered a piece of 8"x12"x1/8" ABS plastic for $9.52 on Amazon and made a paper pattern (using stiffer paper stock) of the center console cubby opening and used the band saw in the park's wood shop to cut it out. I had installed a RAM ball on the floor on the cubby to mount the Samsung A7 8.7" lite tablet a while back and then moved it to the top of the windshield. So I bought another ball mount and have the Rugged Radio handheld/mic mount on order and the radio will be out in front of the cubby. I will V notch the top of the ABS or make it two piece so the top half can be removed easily to tighten the RAM arm, and have another enclosed storage area.

I may just drill a hole where the RAM arm needs to come through, and they cut it horizontally into two pieces that Velcro to the cubby attachment points. I would put on some pull handles on the top piece to be able to pull it of to access storage in the cubby.

The Rugged handheld radio/mic bracket.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I ran the new belt a bit this afternoon, so I have 16-18 miles to go for the 120 first service, then bring on the desert.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
OK, I did the stick on foam on the top of the drivers door. However I first took the door apart and put in the pre-oiled brushings. I decided rather than removing some of the skirt on the bottom one on each hinge so the washer and C clip would go back on. I left the Nylon bushings at the bottom. The flange on the pre-oiled bushings was a little thinner so the door is now turning on the two lower Nylon bushings and the top ones on each hinge should hopefully prevent any sagging.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts