Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a KRX this morning and it will be delivered Saturday. It is a twin to this one. Sport roof, 45S winch, front bumper and head light guard, cover, 3 mirror street kit, tow hooks front and back for now! They threw in a mount and flag and I got a $250 veterans discount!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I bought a KRX this morning and it will be delivered Saturday. It is a twin to this one. Sport roof, 45S winch, front bumper and head light guard, cover, 3 mirror street kit, tow hooks front and back for now! They threw in a mount and flag and I got a $250 veterans discount!
Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
Enjoy brother!

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I stopped by the dealer and they were almost done, and it will be delivered tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are some of the accessories we see stock?
The flag and quick release are the only items that did not come from Kawasaki. Well maybe the license plate mount and light? I did talk to Warn Winch just now and their 90288 wireless remote is suppose to work with this Kawasaki/Warn winch. I will be ordering that when I return to Arizona in Sept/Oct.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried on the OEM Kawasaki cover I will not tow with in on, however it is rated for that. Appears to have a good fit and tie down set up. I think it will stay on with the Arizona wind!

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, did my first official mod just now. Ace is the Place. Being 6'3" and 220 lbs and 77 years old, I found the seat back to be to upright. So off to Ace to replace the two front bolts with ones 40 mm long and two 3/4" Nylon spaces, to lean the whole seat back to a better angle for me. I think I am going to like it.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
Looking forward to hearing more from you!
A huge part of the hobby is making the machine yours.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking forward to hearing more from you!
A huge part of the hobby is making the machine yours.
Well I am going to be headed North for the rest of the summer. My wife passed away July 5th from ALS or we would have been up North the first part of May. When I return I have two(maybe three mods) that I want to with the Kaw/Warn winch. Add the 90288 wireless remote and install the 99944 bump stop on the winch cable. And while I am installing a 2 port USB power in one one of the center stack switch positions I think I will put an over ride on/off switch in the main lead to the in/out winch switch. The winch switch is right next to where they put the horn spring loaded rocker switch.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
I did both those mods!

I put a USB port in the center big opening, I have the rubber net thing there. Then I added another in the top lid part.

I would inadvertently bump the winch switch when inserting or removing a beverage. So I added an on/off switch to break the power to the winch rocker switch. I chose this one and I highly recommend it.

APIELE 10 Amp 19mm Latching Push Button Switch 12V LED Waterproof Stainless Steel Round Self-Locking 1NO(Blue, 19mm) APIELE 10 Amp 19mm Latching Push Button Switch 12V LED Waterproof Stainless Steel Round Self-Locking 1NO(Blue, 19mm): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I put it beside the USB power port in the big opening. No more inadvertent winch operation.

I’m sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did both those mods!

I put a USB port in the center big opening, I have the rubber net thing there. Then I added another in the top lid part.

I would inadvertently bump the winch switch when inserting or removing a beverage. So I added an on/off switch to break the power to the winch rocker switch. I chose this one and I highly recommend it.

APIELE 10 Amp 19mm Latching Push Button Switch 12V LED Waterproof Stainless Steel Round Self-Locking 1NO(Blue, 19mm) APIELE 10 Amp 19mm Latching Push Button Switch 12V LED Waterproof Stainless Steel Round Self-Locking 1NO(Blue, 19mm): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did both those mods!

I put it beside the USB power port in the big opening. No more inadvertent winch operation.

I think I will get this one.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So I did the passengers seat today with the same spacers. A plus is that when a shorter person moves the seat forward they will also be raised up.

I got this box for the bed. Tying it down will have to wait for when I return in the fall. What is the best way to do that?

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
Or use turnbuckles to the anchor points already in the bed. A few turns and I can unhook and remove my box for cleaning, etc.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Or use turnbuckles to the anchor points already in the bed. A few turns and I can unhook and remove my box for cleaning, etc.
That was my thought also. I was going to order these and use SS finder washers on the inside.

Trick is to not deform the plastic box. Maybe use fairly short turnbuckles and mount the eyes low on the box.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts