Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
421 - 436 of 436 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
We want to head to Disney before the year ends. RRMT doesn’t seem suited for sxs but used to enjoy it on our 4wheelers
Started there in 2016 in an XP4 and since then the trails have gotten more and more wider. Its workable but we've kind of lost lost interest in that place because the price keeps going up but the trail maintenance is sub par. I've also been yelled at multiple times for not being out on time even though a member of our group had been broken down or stuck resulting in the issue. No gratitude or empathy...

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
Ya, the old broad that owns that place isn’t peaches and cream. We haven’t been back in over a year. Crossbar is pretty much our favorite place

Reactions: Uturn and Quick

· Registered
807 Posts
Has anyone been up to Mena to Wolf Pen Gap lately, My group (8) thinking about somthing different in late april. Has been years since we were there last time and wondering what is open and closed on the trails. Planning on Sugar Creek Lodging since we have been there 8 years ago or so last time we went. Just curious about it since it's only a 3 hr drive for most of us and maybe different scenery.

· Registered
172 Posts
Has anyone been up to Mena to Wolf Pen Gap lately, My group (8) thinking about somthing different in late april. Has been years since we were there last time and wondering what is open and closed on the trails. Planning on Sugar Creek Lodging since we have been there 8 years ago or so last time we went. Just curious about it since it's only a 3 hr drive for most of us and maybe different scenery.
I can't personally speak to this place but over the last couple months 1 person has told me that its busier than most places and the other told me it was ridiculously dusty and they wouldn't go back to Mena after being in Mulberry multiple time since their trip to Mena

· Registered
807 Posts
I can't personally speak to this place but over the last couple months 1 person has told me that its busier than most places and the other told me it was ridiculously dusty and they wouldn't go back to Mena after being in Mulberry multiple time since their trip to Mena
agreed Mulberry spoils you bad ( 2-3 times a year)as does Moccasin Gap (Macks pines area, 1 -2 times a year in RV.) just long weekend trip for poker, guys get together, and some fun.

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 ·
We like sugar creek too, Roger is a nice guy. I think a lot of the trails are closed this time of year though

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·

Scott, have you been to Hochatown? It’s almost the same style of riding as wolf pen but you can get much much nicer cabins and restaurants close by. It’s very touristy on the weekends and horrible on holiday weekends but it’s probably closer to you and the cabins are awesome. Some good riding with nice views there too.

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
North of Broken Bow. It shares the same Ouachita national forest that wolf pen gap is in. These are the cabins we stay in when we go. Some sleep up to 15 or so and all have hot tubs

· Registered
60 Posts
North of Broken Bow. It shares the same Ouachita national forest that wolf pen gap is in. These are the cabins we stay in when we go. Some sleep up to 15 or so and all have hot tubs
Whoa, whoa, whoa.... There's riding there at Broke Bow? Whats the name of the park and is there enough of it to keep you buys for a day or two? TIA!

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
It’s not a park, just some forest roads with trails off of them. A few miles north of town, on the west side of the road is Cedar Creek Trail but I believe the road number is 53000. There is good parking a couple hundred yards down the road and if that is full, go on further down an 1/8 of a mile or so and there is parking on the left. We also go up another mile or so to 54000 on the east side of the road. There are a few smaller places to park and unload there too. You can stop
And talk to the atv rental place on the east side of 259 and he will give you a map if you need. We have put on a couple hundred miles in a weekend up there before. It’s nice because it’s not far away and did I mention the cabins? ;)

Reactions: Quick
421 - 436 of 436 Posts