Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Have you been to any places around to ride yet? Crossbar is Davis Ok has become my new favorite

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m also new to the group. I’m over by Decatur and just bought a new trail edition. We go to RRMT a lot along with rocky ridge and pine mountain up in Oklahoma. I’d like to get to crossbar as I’ve heard it’s fun as well. Rocky ridge is about 15 min away from me so even though it’s small it gets the most attention since it’s so close. Looking forward to riding with y’all sometime.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’m also new to the group. I’m over by Decatur and just bought a new trail edition. We go to RRMT a lot along with rocky ridge and pine mountain up in Oklahoma. I’d like to get to crossbar as I’ve heard it’s fun as well. Rocky ridge is about 15 min away from me so even though it’s small it gets the most attention since it’s so close. Looking forward to riding with y’all sometime.
I’ve never heard of Pine Mountain. I’m just down the road in Springtown

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
61 Posts
Welcome to the group guys.
We’ve got a crossbar trip planned 12/10
And a few local rides between now and then.
This Sunday at bridgeport
And next Saturday at RRMT
I’m going to have to checkout pine mountain too.
I’m just over in Azle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got out for a quick ride at Rocky Ridge for break in period Sunday morning. I love this thing its on a whole other level than the can am I left. It floats over stuff that used to have me bouncing around in the other machine. Ordered the 34x10x15 Megabytes so we'll see how those do once they get put on. Because I have direct access to Milwaukee through a distribution channel I ordered a pack out rack that bolts in where the D rings in the bed are so I can put my cooler, large toolbox and crate for the ropes in it. As with my old unit I have no chill on immediately adding a bunch of accessories ha!

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
61 Posts
Don’t back out at the top of that hill climb and you can jump it, do t ask how I know haha. Going to be at red river this Saturday unless somehow the wrong axle shows up Wednesday. Broke one at Bridgeport yesterday morning, wanted to go back kawi for safety net if not breaking a diff or drive line but they’re over $700 msrp. Just going to put a rhino in it and call it good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don’t back out at the top of that hill climb and you can jump it, do t ask how I know haha. Going to be at red river this Saturday unless somehow the wrong axle shows up Wednesday. Broke one at Bridgeport yesterday morning, wanted to go back kawi for safety net if not breaking a diff or drive line but they’re over $700 msrp. Just going to put a rhino in it and call it good.
I came over the top the last time about 15mph is all and she definitely wanted to head to the sky.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They already came in and they're sidewalls are pretty gnarly looking I like the looks of them a lot. And the reason I got them is they weigh 47lbs is all so pretty light in the 33/34 class. I know they'll be a little short especially at 10psi but should still be 33" or so. should have them on by Friday and I'll get some pics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where do you recommend riding in Arkansas? I've been thinking of looking at the Ozarks or Ouachita area for a trip soon.
I've been looking to go too. I saw north Texas off-road went to Hot springs or and it looked like a good trip.I've heard buckhorn and wolf pen are fun as well but maybe trooper can steer us in the right direction.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Wolf pen is fun. We are in the ozarks right now at Mulberry Mountain and It’s really nice here. There is a place called Byrd’s adventure center down the road with some harder trails.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where do you recommend riding in Arkansas? I've been thinking of looking at the Ozarks or Ouachita area for a trip soon.
Wolf pen is fun. We are in the ozarks right now at Mulberry Mountain and It’s really nice here. There is a place called Byrd’s adventure center down the road with some harder trails.
X2 on Mulberry, Years ago went to Lake Ouachita area often but the USFS closed down trail riding anywhere near the lake area Now hit Moccasin Gap or Mulberry 3-4 times a year with a group of 10. Wolf Pen is closer to me but a lot of road riding to get to the trailheads and lots of people on the trails. usually if we go there it's mid week less people.

·
Registered
24 Posts
98 if you go up the road to West Fly Gap across from Fly Gap to the right is a trail that takes you down the backside of Mulberry Mtn. A bit more challenge and not a lot of folks go down there. We like it.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts