Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Craig @ Pro UTV for the tires, RCOR for some sweet springs and all the members that are knowledgeable and helpful.

Just got done with the tender spring upgrade and replaced the carnivores with some 32” roxxzillas. Man it just looks so much better without the squat!

Really wanted to go hit Barnwell Mountain tomorrow but everyone I know can’t go. May just have to head out by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
651 Posts
Looking good. We are gonna try to get to Barnwell before the year is over

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My "better" tire pressure gauge didn't show up today like it was suppose to but I got as close to 8# in each as I could see on my gauge. The ride is a decent amount better and obviously doesn't bottom out as bad. While I was doing the job I used the silent crossovers so I noticed the "bang" was gone. Looking forward to trying it out on the trails.

If you don't mind company , let me know when you head out to Barnwell . I'm still trying to find more people to ride with.

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
651 Posts
Sure man, I always post up in the Texas thread in advance

Reactions: TexomaScott

· Registered
807 Posts
Thanks to Craig @ Pro UTV for the tires, RCOR for some sweet springs and all the members that are knowledgeable and helpful.

Just got done with the tender spring upgrade and replaced the carnivores with some 32” roxxzillas. Man it just looks so much better without the squat!

Really wanted to go hit Barnwell Mountain tomorrow but everyone I know can’t go. May just have to head out by myself.

I think Nick (Ncage) is at Crossbar Sat. and Sun. with some peeps, may be a pretty good drive for you.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Nick (Ncage) is at Crossbar Sat. and Sun. with some peeps, may be a pretty good drive for you.
Yea, that would be a little far for this weekend but would love to do there over the few weeks.

I have been told about the park next door (turner falls) so I think the wife and younger kids would enjoy that part as well. Anytime there is pretty water to stop/play at and in the kiddos are all about it and love.

I honestly don’t know where or what trails it would be yet but one of our friends wants to go up near Pettigrew AR late October so will probably try that one out.

· Registered
807 Posts
Yea, that would be a little far for this weekend but would love to do there over the few weeks.

I have been told about the park next door (turner falls) so I think the wife and younger kids would enjoy that part as well. Anytime there is pretty water to stop/play at and in the kiddos are all about it and love.

I honestly don’t know where or what trails it would be yet but one of our friends wants to go up near Pettigrew AR late October so will probably try that one out.

will be at moccasin gap near mack pines north of Russellville Ar. last week of Oct in RV with some others anywhere in AR. fun rides.

· Registered
807 Posts

That area has some awesome canoe and rafting trips on the Buffalo River. Beautiful place.

· Registered
64 Posts

Did you happen catch the change in height with the new springs and then with the 32’s?

Looks very close to where I’d like to end up on mine.

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
651 Posts
Watch out leaving the rear end that high, some guys have had axle issues with that much of an angle. I know the instructions say to set them that high but I didn’t.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,908 Posts
Did someone mention 5 gallon buckets and RCOR tender springs??? It's nice knowing that if I ever encounter a 5 gallon bucket on the trails it won't stop me. :)

· Registered
60 Posts
I put the RCORs on my KRX4 this past weekend and used the recommended preload settings of 5.5" in the front and 7.5" in the rear. I started out with 14" of clearance with the stock springs and now have 15 but I would think I would be closer to 17 with my 35" tires.

What did you set your preload to?

TIA

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I put the RCORs on my KRX4 this past weekend and used the recommended preload settings of 5.5" in the front and 7.5" in the rear. I started out with 14" of clearance with the stock springs and now have 15 but I would think I would be closer to 17 with my 35" tires.

What did you set your preload to?

TIA
I set mine with the dims that RCOR advised.... then upon advice from people here I backed off the preload some. I think I backed off 1/2" from the instructions and I got my axle angles decreased closer inline with factory. This was on my 2-seater with 32's although its loaded down pretty good with spare tire rack and tire and rear bumpers, tree kickers ect. I will be doing my 4 seater here in a few months I'm guessing, :cry:

· Registered
312 Posts
Quick I just did my krx4 too. Im on 35" tire and rcor are set at 6" preload 3.25 crossover and 7.75" preload 4" crossover in rear. Im at 17" front n rear to skid plate. so 17.33 to frames? It hasnt settled fully as not rode yet. I figure to settle out around 16.5" totalGC.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts