Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting 35" tires on my KRX. I plan to also get ECU re-tuned. From what I've read on here to get the best results from re-tune, I should get slip on exhaust & new clutch weights. So my question is, I've found that "Alba Racing" does a "Package Deal" with Re-Tune, Trinity Slip-On Exhaust, & Clutch Weights Kit. Anybody used Alba for Re-Tune? I've also read very positive reviews on here about Vforce John doing Re-Tunes. Just wanting the best results for my machine and not spend more than I need.
Open to All comments & suggestions.
My riding is strictly mountain trails. Rock, Mud, Steep Hills.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
712 Posts
I'm putting 35" tires on my KRX. I plan to also get ECU re-tuned. From what I've read on here to get the best results from re-tune, I should get slip on exhaust & new clutch weights. So my question is, I've found that "Alba Racing" does a "Package Deal" with Re-Tune, Trinity Slip-On Exhaust, & Clutch Weights Kit. Anybody used Alba for Re-Tune? I've also read very positive reviews on here about Vforce John doing Re-Tunes. Just wanting the best results for my machine and not spend more than I need.
Open to All comments & suggestions.
My riding is strictly mountain trails. Rock, Mud, Steep Hills.
Do a search on the forum, there have been problems with the Alba tune.

·
Registered
397 Posts
VForce john stage 2 tune... you don’t have to gut the cat or add a pipe and the gains are the best out there. I did gut my cat but it isn’t necessary now. Also, the clutch weights aren’t “needed” with the 35’s and tune... I would hold off for the time being until you see what a couple others come out with. VForce john being one of them.

I promise you’ll be happy with just the vfjs2 tune and 35’s...

·
Registered
325 Posts
VForce john stage 2 tune... you don’t have to gut the cat or add a pipe and the gains are the best out there. I did gut my cat but it isn’t necessary now. Also, the clutch weights aren’t “needed” with the 35’s and tune... I would hold off for the time being until you see what a couple others come out with. VForce john being one of them.

I promise you’ll be happy with just the vfjs2 tune and 35’s...
I am holding out for VFJ clutch and tune at this point. But first, I need to see what Kawi unveils in January.

Other than that, I am having a good time with my 35s and everything stock.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am holding out for VFJ clutch and tune at this point. But first, I need to see what Kawi unveils in January.

Other than that, I am having a good time with my 35s and everything stock.
Honestly.. spend the $250 for the tune. I promise it’s well worth it if you’re running 35’s. You’ll notice a big difference over stock and 35’s. I’m waiting on his clutch too. And January for that matter... going to replace the pioneer with a 4 seat krx as the family rig... I hope!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vforce Stage II tune and just gut the cat out of the stock muffler (that's what I did) to keep stock sound levels instead of loud obnoxious.....
Wondering if you have done the RCOR clutch weights with the ECU reflash and CAT removed? This is the setup I'm thinking of doing I have the clutch weights on order and will do the cat removal soon also.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
221 Posts
Wondering if you have done the RCOR clutch weights with the ECU reflash and CAT removed? This is the setup I'm thinking of doing I have the clutch weights on order and will do the cat removal soon also.
That's exactly what I am running. No regrets at all. Runs like an angry beast even at 6-7K above sea level.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's nice to just fill up with 87 and not have to worry...:)
As high of compression as these engines are running, it’s a good idea to run premium anyway. But with the VFJ tune you can hit the low power switch and pull some timing if you do happen to only have an 87 option.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
864 Posts
As high of compression as these engines are running, it’s a good idea to run premium anyway. But with the VFJ tune you can hit the low power switch and pull some timing if you do happen to only have an 87 option.
My 850 had 11:1 compression and I ran it on 87 with no problems. I tried both and haven't noticed any difference, other than the price at the pump. Our choices here in Colorado are 85, 87 and 91.

·
Registered
171 Posts
As high of compression as these engines are running, it’s a good idea to run premium anyway.
Not true. There is no benefit and it can few issue's running higher octane then needed.
But with the VFJ tune you can hit the low power switch and pull some timing if you do happen to only have an 87 option.
I stayed away from a tune for a long time do to the fuel requirements. The VFJ tune having a dual map using the Low power switch is the only reason I have a tune on mine now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So the 3 things I am thinking of doing is a
1. VFJ tune (should I remove the Converter core?)
2. Remove the Clutch Spring
3. Right Coast Offroad Weights
Am I on the right track with these changes ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts