Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting 35" tires on my KRX. I plan to also get ECU re-tuned. From what I've read on here to get the best results from re-tune, I should get slip on exhaust & new clutch weights. So my question is, I've found that "Alba Racing" does a "Package Deal" with Re-Tune, Trinity Slip-On Exhaust, & Clutch Weights Kit. Anybody used Alba for Re-Tune? I've also read very positive reviews on here about Vforce John doing Re-Tunes. Just wanting the best results for my machine and not spend more than I need.
Open to All comments & suggestions.
My riding is strictly mountain trails. Rock, Mud, Steep Hills.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
419 Posts
I'm putting 35" tires on my KRX. I plan to also get ECU re-tuned. From what I've read on here to get the best results from re-tune, I should get slip on exhaust & new clutch weights. So my question is, I've found that "Alba Racing" does a "Package Deal" with Re-Tune, Trinity Slip-On Exhaust, & Clutch Weights Kit. Anybody used Alba for Re-Tune? I've also read very positive reviews on here about Vforce John doing Re-Tunes. Just wanting the best results for my machine and not spend more than I need.
Open to All comments & suggestions.
My riding is strictly mountain trails. Rock, Mud, Steep Hills.
Do a search on the forum, there have been problems with the Alba tune.

·
Registered
165 Posts
VForce john stage 2 tune... you don’t have to gut the cat or add a pipe and the gains are the best out there. I did gut my cat but it isn’t necessary now. Also, the clutch weights aren’t “needed” with the 35’s and tune... I would hold off for the time being until you see what a couple others come out with. VForce john being one of them.

I promise you’ll be happy with just the vfjs2 tune and 35’s...

·
Registered
248 Posts
VForce john stage 2 tune... you don’t have to gut the cat or add a pipe and the gains are the best out there. I did gut my cat but it isn’t necessary now. Also, the clutch weights aren’t “needed” with the 35’s and tune... I would hold off for the time being until you see what a couple others come out with. VForce john being one of them.

I promise you’ll be happy with just the vfjs2 tune and 35’s...
I am holding out for VFJ clutch and tune at this point. But first, I need to see what Kawi unveils in January.

Other than that, I am having a good time with my 35s and everything stock.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am holding out for VFJ clutch and tune at this point. But first, I need to see what Kawi unveils in January.

Other than that, I am having a good time with my 35s and everything stock.
Honestly.. spend the $250 for the tune. I promise it’s well worth it if you’re running 35’s. You’ll notice a big difference over stock and 35’s. I’m waiting on his clutch too. And January for that matter... going to replace the pioneer with a 4 seat krx as the family rig... I hope!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts