Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to run a half windshield in the summer, the dilemma is which one. The taller Tusk, the shorter SuperATV or the in-between OEM? I'm 6'3" and will probably have the seat all the way back. I'd like the breeze to go up and over versus hitting me in the face. What works for you?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,257 Posts
I’m 6’4, go with the tusk. The tusk will bring the wind right to the top of your head.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
+2 for Tusk. The super atv one is shorter. There was a thread on this. I’m not sure why they call them 1/2 windshields when they aren’t actually half. They’re more like 1/4.

I upgraded to full glass with vents, I am very happy with it. The glass is from UTV Zilla.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the Tusk wins out. Picking up the machine on Tuesday, then the ordering begins.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Planning to run a half windshield in the summer, the dilemma is which one. The taller Tusk, the shorter SuperATV or the in-between OEM? I'm 6'3" and will probably have the seat all the way back. I'd like the breeze to go up and over versus hitting me in the face. What works for you?
I’m 6’-1” and have SuperATV tinted half windshield. Seat all the way back and I get wind right to the face.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
@SuperATV Might be time to relay some of this info to the R&D boys. Seems like a redesign is needed.
Agreed, I believe a couple months ago they responded to this question and they said R & D took an average height of all employees to come up with the design of the 1/2 windshield. Even though theoretically it’s a 1/4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agreed, I believe a couple months ago they responded to this question and they said R & D took an average height of all employees to come up with the design of the 1/2 windshield. Even though theoretically it’s a 1/4.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone dealt with 3 Star Industries out of Carlisle, KY? They have a taller half windshield in 1/4" poly for about the same price as the 3/16" Tusk.

·
Built For Battle
145 Posts
@SuperATV Might be time to relay some of this info to the R&D boys. Seems like a redesign is needed.
Yep, that's basically it. Just a random collection of people of different heights sat in it to check visibility and how effective it was in the wind. I'm 5' 10" and lean forward to drive, and it worked for me....but I can see that taller folks and different driving positions would effect people differently.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,257 Posts
Yep, that's basically it. Just a random collection of people of different heights sat in it to check visibility and how effective it was in the wind. I'm 5' 10" and lean forward to drive, and it worked for me....but I can see that taller folks and different driving positions would effect people differently.
How hard would it be to make a taller version for taller people? A little explanation on the site for which version to go with, and you can cover all customer types. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Different heights is a good idea. 9", 11" or 13". The hood fitment would be the same. And a little less deflection angle to something more vertical.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Built For Battle
145 Posts
At one time we considered offering a custom cut option where you could just put the dimensions you wanted into our system, it would adjust for price, and then automatically route out to the CNC machines.....BUT that technology doesn't exist yet. Lol! It would be great to offer more options, but its been hard enough keeping up with all the current options that are already punched into the CNC. I'll pass it along though. We used to offer a 3/4" option for other models back in the old days, but they didn't sell very well and we killed all of those options.

How hard would it be to make a taller version for taller people? A little explanation on the site for which version to go with, and you can cover all customer types. 🤷‍♂️
Different heights is a good idea. 9", 11" or 13". The hood fitment would be the same. And a little less deflection angle to something more vertical.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone dealt with 3 Star Industries out of Carlisle, KY? They have a taller half windshield in 1/4" poly for about the same price as the 3/16" Tusk
3 Star got back to me, their windshield is 10" tall. Barely taller than the SuperATV and substantially shorter than the Tusk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts