Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe a stupid question but if you take the beadlock ring off to paint it, does the tire bead seperate from the rim and you loose air?

I was thinking of painting my rings blue to match the rig, but don't want to make it a huge project to fuss with re-seating the bead.

If it holds air without the ring, I'm thinking of making it look like this: looks sharp.

krx blue rims.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm assuming that's not a pic of your rig and you want to make the beadlock rings look like those? Yes , you have to take off the wheels, let the air out and remove the beadlock ring. I wouldn't paint them, I doubt it will hold up very long. I'd have them powder coated blue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
It’s really easy, I did mine and they look great. The inner bead will stay seated so once you put the ring back on all you do is air them up. Just don’t forget to start all 16 bolts by hand and tighten them in a star pattern. Torque them in star pattern as well. Super easy to do and makes such a difference. Sanding is the worst part and if i ever do another set i would use fine steel wool instead. Lots of nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It’s really easy, I did mine and they look great. The inner bead will stay seated so once you put the ring back on all you do is air them up. Just don’t forget to start all 16 bolts by hand and tighten them in a star pattern. Torque them in star pattern as well. Super easy to do and makes such a difference. Sanding is the worst part and if i ever do another set i would use fine steel wool instead. Lots of nooks and crannies. View attachment 1156
Did you powder coat or just paint? I took one to a powder coating company and they refused because it was already powder coated so thick from the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts