Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KRX
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between these two. I primarily ride Moab so that will be the main goal on this set of tires. Any feedback on either of these would be great. I'm going to get the 35's so at least that decision is settled. Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I run 33” 320s on my X3. They are a good lightweight high speed tire. I would compare them to BFGs. That said they are a narrow tire and dont have quite the straightline traction my MRTs had in the rocks. For the rocks of Moab and overall slower speed riding I would go with the 350s over the 320s

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
I kind of like the more rounded profile of the 320 over the flat, square profile of the 350. It handles better and tracks straighter on uneven ground. As for Moab, (and here in the Colorado Rockies) my BFG KM3's were flawless out there. They too are a little more narrow than a typical 10" tire. The contact patch is about 9" but never did that affect the grip or traction on the slick rock. If I had to replace them with a different tire, I would put on a set of 33" 320's.
I'm sure either tire would work just fine for you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
CC618531-6A3F-409C-93F0-7DE11133FEB0.jpeg
My buddy has the 320s on his and my uncle has 350s on his. From what I have seen the 350s are a wider tire and they seem to wrap around rocks better win air down compared to the 320s.
F9E5632A-863E-4772-9960-0F0FF514B3C2.jpeg

·
Registered
195 Posts
I kind of like the more rounded profile of the 320 over the flat, square profile of the 350. It handles better and tracks straighter on uneven ground. As for Moab, (and here in the Colorado Rockies) my BFG KM3's were flawless out there. They too are a little more narrow than a typical 10" tire. The contact patch is about 9" but never did that affect the grip or traction on the slick rock. If I had to replace them with a different tire, I would put on a set of 33" 320's.
I'm sure either tire would work just fine for you.
The rounded profile of the 320 does handle better at high speed but in the rocks those sidewalls become a liability are very exposed. I much prefer a wider tire with larger lugs in the rocks. My MRTs are on another level in the rocks compared to the 320s.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
The rounded profile of the 320 does handle better at high speed but in the rocks those sidewalls become a liability are very exposed. I much prefer a wider tire with larger lugs in the rocks. My MRTs are on another level in the rocks compared to the 320s.
10-4. To each their own. That's the beauty of having so many tires to choose from. 90% or more of my riding is rocks and the sidewalls are not a concern to me. I prefer the tighter tread pattern and/or a steel belted radial for protection in the rocks. I have seen more than a couple of punctures between widely spaced lugs from taking hits on jagged rocks with lighter weight tires. A steel belted radial is "nearly" bullet proof, but it also weighs a couple more pounds than most tires of the same size.
I guess any tire is better than no tire..... LOL

·
Registered
2020 KRX
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I seed the Bloodaxe tires looks like a possible option also. I'm really trying to keep the tires under 50lbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm planning on moving up to 35" tire soon. I ride Mountain Trails primarily. Rocks, Mud, Steep Climbs. What 35" brand tires does everyone suggest? Also, do i have to buy new wheels/rims when I go up to 35"?

·
Registered
2020 KRX
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wheels that came on it are really hard to beat. hub centric instead of lug centric is a huge plus. Larger bolts for the rock ring are also.

·
Registered
238 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts