Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shipping was fast. No issues with packaging, enclosure was wrapped in bubble wrap and in a heavy cardboard box secured with nylon filament tape. Instructions are available on the enclosure's web page but not really required. I'd read that the cage might have a little spring to it when unbolted so I did what I could to immobilize it. I was expecting it to spring out, but it went in and down. Not much but it took some persuasion and a brass drift pin to get the fine thread bolts started without cross threading them. Also added stainless washers because I didn't want to flatten out the bracket as I torqued the flanged cage bolts back to 65 ftlb. Install took 25 minutes. Overall, I like the enclosure's construction, ease of installation and how it looks.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
It's a good product. I didn't have any issues installing mine at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The cage bolts on mine were a pain in the ass going back in. They are down snug but no idea if i cross threaded or not actually. Don't believe so, as they started off easy enough and went in about half way, but after half way reinstalled, they became very uncooperative, to the point of needing a helper on the big ratchet. Impact was useless. Torque wrench would lie at this point, they became so tough. I did use blue glue. I'll never try to take them off. Hopefully nothing is fcked. It's got many rides since and is fine.

I will say the fit and finish and the extra space this heavy duty gate adds is pretty awesome. Touch heavier than I would've thought but a very nice, sturdy and clean set up. Nice work superatv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts