Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a SuperATV full skid plate for the KRX 1000 and installed it this weekend and had a few questions If anyone else on here had these issues. @SuperATV
The area I circled is not totally flat, almost like the bolts were allowed to be tightened more then they should be and pulled down the plate. I am wondering if the directions and hardware are incorrect and I should have spacers there as well so it doesn’t pull the plate down?[

Also the front thin skid plate showed where it met the mid plate that it should be drilled and self tappers should be used. I cannot get a drill bit to go through that area or the self tappers.

Where the front skid plate meets the bash plate the head of the bolt sticks down and in my opinion, will get sheared off in the near future. Not sure those should be used there.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Hmm. I'm glad I decided to go with another vendor for my skid plate. IMHO It seems some SATV products are lacking in the R&D department in order to rush to market...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually like the product (material) itself. I think these issues could be fixed relatively easy by a manufacturer. I would need a drill bit to counterbore a the included washers (bowls) for the front plate fix. I believe if I had some extra spacers of theirs it would help as well push the plates that are to far down.
I was hoping someone may have figured something out already and could share.
Contacting SuperATV is a tremendously frustrating experience as I still haven’t heard anything from them. Also haven’t heard anything on here from them as I tagged them above and put there name in the title for them to see.

·
Built For Battle
200 Posts
I actually like the product (material) itself. I think these issues could be fixed relatively easy by a manufacturer. I would need a drill bit to counterbore a the included washers (bowls) for the front plate fix. I believe if I had some extra spacers of theirs it would help as well push the plates that are to far down.
I was hoping someone may have figured something out already and could share.
Contacting SuperATV is a tremendously frustrating experience as I still haven’t heard anything from them. Also haven’t heard anything on here from them as I tagged them above and put there name in the title for them to see.
Just caught this. Shoot me a PM with order info and who you're working with.

I know the installation can be kind of a pain. If you take your time and get all the pieces of the puzzle loosely bolted up, it should all tighten in on itself and be a perfect fit. Its a pain, but worth the extra time and patience. They're all CNC cut pieces, so there's no variation in the pieces. I'll work with whoever you've been speaking with here and we'll help troubleshoot.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I purchased a SuperATV full skid plate for the KRX 1000 and installed it this weekend and had a few questions If anyone else on here had these issues. @SuperATV
The area I circled is not totally flat, almost like the bolts were allowed to be tightened more then they should be and pulled down the plate. I am wondering if the directions and hardware are incorrect and I should have spacers there as well so it doesn’t pull the plate down?[
View attachment 5048
View attachment 5049
Also the front thin skid plate showed where it met the mid plate that it should be drilled and self tappers should be used. I cannot get a drill bit to go through that area or the self tappers.
View attachment 5050
Where the front skid plate meets the bash plate the head of the bolt sticks down and in my opinion, will get sheared off in the near future. Not sure those should be used there.
View attachment 5051
I went trail armor and fit like a glove. A bit $$ but worth every penny. IMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts