Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have search the forum and found nothing so, has anyone tried the tusk street legal kit? I know the ryco is a good one but tusk is cheaper.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I looked at the Tusk kit, and ryco, but went with the XTC. I think the XTC is the best thought out kit and you only drill two holes into the KRX for the front indicators and no cutting into the factory wire harness. The XTC is costly, but headache free plug and play, lots of videos on youtube.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the Tusk kit, and ryco, but went with the XTC. I think the XTC is the best thought out kit and you only drill two holes into the KRX for the front indicators and no cutting into the factory wire harness. The XTC is costly, but headache free plug and play, lots of videos on youtube.
Just checked out some vids on YT... Definitely a sweet set up but pricey. I may go that route as well.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
598 Posts
Ryco is plug and play except for tapping into the tail lights so they work as the turn signals. Plus it’s just like a car with the turn signal stalk. I had a cheaper kit on my wolverine and the ryco is night and day better. I do think the auto cancel on the xtc is cool though. I just preferred a stalk for all the functions. Ryco has excellent customer service too. I lost one of the pieces and they sent one right out for free.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ryco is plug and play except for tapping into the tail lights so they work as the turn signals. Plus it’s just like a car with the turn signal stalk. I had a cheaper kit on my wolverine and the ryco is night and day better. I do think the auto cancel on the xtc is cool though. I just preferred a stalk for all the functions. Ryco has excellent customer service too. I lost one of the pieces and they sent one right out for free.
I really like the stalk and that is why I was leaning to get the ryco but I have problem tapping into the factory wiring. I do like the auto cancel as I forget to turn them off on my pioneer (it has the old kit). You really can go wrong with either kit.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
598 Posts
I really like the stalk and that is why I was leaning to get the ryco but I have problem tapping into the factory wiring. I do like the auto cancel as I forget to turn them off on my pioneer (it has the old kit). You really can go wrong with either kit.
It’s just one wire on each tail light all the way at the back and there is plenty of wire left to reconnect it if for some reason you wanted to remove it. I was worried about forgetting to cancel the signal but the dash indicators are super bright.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the ryco. I thought it had self canceling. I didn't install the interior indicator lights. I guess I've been driving around with them on

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed the ryco last weekend... Didn't put the indicators in...felt like that was to much. I like the strobe effect on the brakes...super cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.