Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with the krx stock tires on pavement. It’s happened a few times while driving up the road about 40 mph it feels like the backend breaks traction. Feels like you all the sudden spin on ice? Road condition is dry roads btw. There are about 500 miles on the tires. When on the trail they perform great so I assume it’s not a mechanical issue. I have never experienced anything like this on any other sxs?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
This is a bit of a stretch, but have you checked to make sure both rear axles are fully seated in the rear differential? What you describe sounds like what some said it felt like when an axle would pop out. It was not uncommon for this to happen in the 2020 models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not looked, I have 2021. I have a dumb question but can the Axle pop out at higher speed and "retract" at lower speeds? The problem never seems to happen at lower speeds.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
I don't have any experience with axles popping out or breaking, so no help there. Like I said, it's a long shot, but it's something you can easily visually check.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sure sign of an axle pulled out is upon deacceleration the machine does want to kick out to one side in the rear, as only one tire has engine braking. Happened to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure sign of an axle pulled out is upon deacceleration the machine does want to kick out to one side in the rear, as only one tire has engine braking. Happened to me.
it kicks to the "right" while cruising then I hit the brakes and do notice it still pulls until a complete stop.. The first two times after a stop and go it was fine. but last night It took a little longer to stop pulling to the right. I will be checking the axle and the belt tonight. Service department said to block it up and make sure both tires are pulling and then take the cover off the belt and make sure its not slipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have any experience with axles popping out or breaking, so no help there. Like I said, it's a long shot, but it's something you can easily visually check.
BobX2 way to go. Sure enough the axle is pulling out at times. I just randomly checked it tonight and I could almost pull the whole axle out of the rear end with my bare hands. I pulled the bike In The garage and tried again and it would not budge. It’s under warranty so they can fix it. Thanks for your ideas. I just assumed the tires were junk on pavement.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
861 Posts
BobX2 way to go. Sure enough the axle is pulling out at times. I just randomly checked it tonight and I could almost pull the whole axle out of the rear end with my bare hands. I pulled the bike In The garage and tried again and it would not budge. It’s under warranty so they can fix it. Thanks for your ideas. I just assumed the tires were junk on pavement.
Right on! Glad you were able to get it sorted.

·
Registered
774 Posts
if it was pulling in and out, you may have buggered up the axle and tranny gear splines, My transaxle gear got cracked/broken pieces, and needed full replacement. Don't just shove the axle in and run it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts