Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please measure this for me, no guesstimates? I want to mount etrack and etrack chocks accurately. I won't have access to my KRX until I pick it up on 22 May. Sadly, all 3 dealers here were worthless and gave me false dimensions. I know it is more than 61".

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
121 Posts
You may need to apologize to those dealers, they are correct. Mine measures 60" front and 60.5" in the rear. That is with two turns on the adjusters to raise the ground clearance a little, which also narrows the track slightly.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
178 Posts
You may need to apologize to those dealers, they are correct. Mine measures 60" front and 60.5" in the rear. That is with two turns on the adjusters to raise the ground clearance a little, which also narrows the track slightly.
I just checked mine at the front end. I have 58" on center. I have the new tender springs in.

If the machine is 68" wide, minus the two half tires (5+5) = 58"

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can someone please measure this for me, no guesstimates? I want to mount etrack and etrack chocks accurately. I won't have access to my KRX until I pick it up on 22 May. Sadly, all 3 dealers here were worthless and gave me false dimensions. I know it is more than 61".
Check that, I meant less than 61"
I dont mind apologizing when I'm wrong, one told me 5' 8", one said 58 1/2", one never called back. 59 or 60" will probably get it close...

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
121 Posts
Because the lower a-arms are angled, you have to take into account spring sag, age of machine, and mods. Mine is a one month old Trail Edition that I have already adjusted the suspension. Krawler has added Tender Springs which are longer and better than the OEM upper springs. Depending on how he set his up it can change the width and the height. I think the 59-60 inches you are contemplating would be a good compromise. I wonder if the E-tracks could be modified to be adjustable? That would definitely give you some options for future mods.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
You don't have to be dead center with the E-tracks. Your machine width will vary depending on tire/wheel combinations and suspension settings. I've gone from the stock 68" wide to nearly 72" wide, and now back to 70-71ish with springs. Doesn't matter to the e-track.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're probably right, bit I am a bit OCD. If those straps weren't centered, it would irk me everytime I looked at them

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
You're probably right, bit I am a bit OCD. If those straps weren't centered, it would irk me everytime I looked at them
Understand 100%. I'm the same way about things. (just ask my wife....) However, sometimes I just have to accept things for what they are, like it or not. Off center straps are something I can deal with. :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Check that, I meant less than 61"
I dont mind apologizing when I'm wrong, one told me 5' 8", one said 58 1/2", one never called back. 59 or 60" will probably get it close...
I have a stock krx the etracks I installed,center of the track to center of the opposite track 61” works great.The best way to go .bought a kit from something cargo out of New York

1 - 10 of 10 Posts