Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mike, any idea whats causing those other issues u are having??? Something else we need to look for as well???

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not sure

Actuator, dealership believes. Will let ya know what they say, when they diagnose it.

Don't believe it's an issue all or having just a "freak" deal for me..

Was at Hatfield and McCoy trails riding yesterday, hitting some black diamonds. Used the low button it never engaged, and then service light, diff lock and 4x4 just started blinking. So sounds electrical...

Here's some pix.. of trip

And yes I rolled it 66482.jpeg 66480.jpeg 66481.jpeg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine is at the dealer now for this. Been in contact with Kawasaki Customer service for the last month. Parts are in the US. I was assured they'd be shipped out within a week. Will update when it's done or I pick it up for my upcoming trip to Hatfield/McCoy trails in 2.5 weeks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure

Actuator, dealership believes. Will let ya know what they say, when they diagnose it.

Don't believe it's an issue all or having just a "freak" deal for me..

Was at Hatfield and McCoy trails riding yesterday, hitting some black diamonds. Used the low button it never engaged, and then service light, diff lock and 4x4 just started blinking. So sounds electrical...

Here's some pix.. of trip

And yes I rolled it View attachment 815 View attachment 816 View attachment 817
I'm heading up that way in a couple of weeks with my adult son. How's the trails compare with Windrock? I figure they ought to be pretty much the same. How'd the rig handle that roll? When did your electrical issues occur? Before or after the roll?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Electrical issue before the roll

It was a weight shift off balance top heavy roll... It actually handled it well scratched back in was cosmetic and a dent in the top row bar

·
Registered
2020 KRX
73 Posts
Good to see they got it taken care of. 8 days at the dealer for mine so far. They estimated two weeks or so.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I definitely have a peace of mind now, it was worth the wait. As far as different feel, I swear it re-centers more now. Could be my imagination...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Example of my experience. Called on Monday, on Thrus they called and said they got the parts in, and they'll try to fit me in with minimal notice. Go drop it off next day. Tuesday had it back. Evidently parts are available readily. Seemed pretty simple. They were super cool, explained everything and knocked it right out. Like a boss.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
73 Posts
16 days at my dealer they said they are backlogged with service. Should be done within the next week hopefully.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
73 Posts
They called yesterday and said it is done. I am picking it up this morning. What are the details on the payment eligibility? I have not heard of this. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
294 Posts
They called yesterday and said it is done. I am picking it up this morning. What are the details on the payment eligibility? I have not heard of this. Thanks
I’ve had dealers have my cars life over a month. At that point because of loss of use, they would make a payment for the down time.

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
33 Posts
Could someone explain to me what is actually happening when the part(s) fail?
I read through this thread yesterday and went out and looked at my machine, and sure enuff, my control arms have the gouges in them on the back sides of them. I followed the link that someone posted to notify Kawasaki of the problem, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I want to get this problem noted and corrected while it's still under warranty. Thanks Guys!
(Drivers side)

(Pass Side)

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
294 Posts
Could someone explain to me what is actually happening when the part(s) fail?
I read through this thread yesterday and went out and looked at my machine, and sure enuff, my control arms have the gouges in them on the back sides of them. I followed the link that someone posted to notify Kawasaki of the problem, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I want to get this problem noted and corrected while it's still under warranty. Thanks Guys!
(Drivers side)
View attachment 887
(Pass Side)
View attachment 888
Search function bud. I’ll chip in this time. The knuckle has 2 metal tabs that make contact while steering is locked and the suspension is compressed. If hit hard enough the knuckle will break. There’s been 2 accidents because of this (that I know of) in this forum.

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
33 Posts
I did do some searching around, but I guess I didn’t hit the right thread to find my answer. Thanks dude!

So that brings up another question, what style of riding is being done when these let go? To have the wheel cranked over to one side, and have full compression, sounds like technical riding vs high speed?:unsure:

61 - 80 of 87 Posts