Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I received the same email as well. Kawasaki is on top of it and doing their best to get folks fixed up. I don't know of any other manufacturer that works as hard to fix issues that pop up on a brand new machine. I think everyone that bought one knew it was a first year model, and there were bound to be a few unforeseen issues once they got out into the real world. I would bet we would all have the updated knuckles already if this wuhan virus hadn't come along. This is my first non-Polaris machine and I have been nothing but impressed by how fast Kawasaki has addressed and worked to fix everything that has popped up.
Agreed, I don’t know of any other manufacturer that jumps on an issue this fast. Especially during this “pandemic”. The fact it became a safety issue and the possibility of a lawsuit popping up could be a reason as well, but still. Hats off to them.

·
Registered
KRX 1000
47 Posts
The dealer called me today and said Kawi ask them to look at my alignment and measure my arms.... I'm confused... I just wanted to have the part numbers and be prepared. My dealer said they just want to make sure they get the right parts,.... what does that have to do with my alignment and arms length. When Kawi wasn't getting back to my dealer i took it upon myself to contact Kawi. When I finally got their attention they contacted my dealer who then called me and said not to panic we'll look into it. I told my dealer its very simple, they changed the design of this part on newer 2020 builds and 2021, very simple.....

·
Registered
KRX 1000
47 Posts
The dealer called me today and said Kawi ask them to look at my alignment and measure my arms.... I'm confused... I just wanted to have the part numbers and be prepared. My dealer said they just want to make sure they get the right parts,.... what does that have to do with my alignment and arms length. When Kawi wasn't getting back to my dealer i took it upon myself to contact Kawi. When I finally got their attention they contacted my dealer who then called me and said not to panic we'll look into it. I told my dealer its very simple, they changed the design of this part on newer 2020 builds and 2021, very simple.....
Dealer was awesome and said seeing the machine was a techicality, updated parts were ordered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
been seeing that the krx has weak steering knuckles, watched a video of a guy break his in the rocks, didn't look like he was too hard on it. Called my dealer and found that there is a new part number for them. Looks like kawasaki has addressed the issue. I ordered the new ones just to be safe. Costs around 170.00 a piece. They don't know what material the new ones are made of.
You would think this should be a safety recall. I met a guy out on the trail that showed me the new ones he had put on. It became obvious where to grind my original ones. Its not necessarily the steering stop tabs. The area to be ground is where the knuckle bulges out towards the center line. It's bulging out far enough that during full compression of the suspension, the bulged area bottoms out and makes contact with the a-arm in whichever location that the bulge has been turned to via steering. Imagine the pointed end of an egg. The point needs rounded out to the same radius as the rest of the egg thats not pointed. Feel free to reply.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just spent about 50 minutes on hold, then just as they picked up, the call was dropped! LOL! The rep Paul called me right back rite away however and I am now on the list for parts as they become available. He talked as though they weren't available yet, but indicated that they should be within the next week or so. It sounded to me like they weren't issuing a recall, at least not yet, but that they were replacing them for all who contact them about this issue. I found that particularly interesting. Imagine if a automobile company knew of a catastrophic failure to a steering component and only replaced those who complained about it. hmmm.

·
Registered
233 Posts
comparing my 2021 unit with a 2020 side-by-side the newer part from factory has much greater relief and clearance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer said there has to be cracks before they can replace it. They said not a recall. I told them I would contact Kawasaki myself.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Kawi e-mailed me a couple of days back. Said they are still getting production rolling on replacement parts and thanks for my patience... gave me a phone number to reach them because of the overwhelming e-mail backlog they have.
I guess any reply is better than none...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Kawi e-mailed me a couple of days back. Said they are still getting production rolling on replacement parts and thanks for my patience... gave me a phone number to reach them because of the overwhelming e-mail backlog they have.
Receive the same

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
255 Posts
My dealer said there has to be cracks before they can replace it. They said not a recall. I told them I would contact Kawasaki myself.
I think your dealer is either not telling you the truth, or just doesn't know what he is talking about. Definitely contact Kawasaki yourself. They are sending them to everyone who has contacted them and requested them.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
255 Posts
I received the same. They are trying to take care of us. We just have to remain patient given the circumstances.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, new to these forums with my new KRX. After reading about these knuckle issues, I checked my machine and noticed that mine were also marked up from hitting. I emailed kawasaki customer service and asked them about what they are going to do about the issue so I don't get stranded somewhere being this is a known problem...they actually got back to me within 2 hrs and advised me that they do have the new knuckles and lower a-arms and to go ahead and call my dealer to have them replaced under warranty! It sux this has to happen, but I will say that I am pleased at this point with the customer service. But it seems like you have to notify them first, they wont contact you.. Well see how long the dealer takes to complete!!

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
297 Posts
I got an ETA from the dealer and they said it’s going to be 2-3 weeks before the parts are in.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Called mine,

Cause my check engine light went on, and 4x4 and diff flashing. (not engaging) they said would knock em out while doing so..

·
Registered
6 Posts
It figures. Guess nothing u
Is ever quick. Guess I can't complain at this point, at least they are correcting the problem for me?!?!? 🤷‍♂️

41 - 60 of 87 Posts