Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
255 Posts
My dealer finally got my parts ordered. Hopefully before long I will be able to ride without worry. It was in the back of my mind the entire time I was riding out in Moab.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealer had no issue keeping my krx for another 3 weeks waiting for bushings that are on backorder. I called kawasaki Tuesday and the guy said he would get ahold of the dealer and get back to me either later that day or the next. Still haven't heard from either the dealer or the guy from kawasaki, seriously not happy. 6 or 7 weeks ago I scheduled the warranty work. Took them a few weeks to get me in. Apparently they didn't order the parts until they had the rig even though I gave them all the information they needed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My dealer finally got my parts ordered. Hopefully before long I will be able to ride without worry. It was in the back of my mind the entire time I was riding out in Moab.
I think about it literally every time I turn the wheel close to lock nd back off a bit for clearance. I cringe whenever I accidently hit the stop!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The dealer had no issue keeping my krx for another 3 weeks waiting for bushings that are on backorder. I called kawasaki Tuesday and the guy said he would get ahold of the dealer and get back to me either later that day or the next. Still haven't heard from either the dealer or the guy from kawasaki, seriously not happy. 6 or 7 weeks ago I scheduled the warranty work. Took them a few weeks to get me in. Apparently they didn't order the parts until they had the rig even though I gave them all the information they needed.
That sucks. My dealer has supposedly ordered the parts, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. That was about 3 or 4 weeks ago now. I'll make darn sure they have everything before I drop it off, even though we are headed into winter and before long I probably wont care if they have it a week or a coupe months! LOL!

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
294 Posts
Same boat here. Made an appointment over a month ago gave them all the info and actually an additional week to make sure they had all the parts. Service manager was confident he would have everything in. He said I’ll send you a follow up later this week. Never heard back. Sent an email and sure enough he responded back with the bushings are on back order. Been trying to get this fixed since June. I’m waiting for that next survey to come through, it’s not gonna be good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apparently they have enough bushings to make new machines but not enough to take care of those already paid for.

And the fact that they have not made any attempt to contact those who purchased a krx that has the issue is questionable business practices. They have started that they are only going to change the ones when an owner requested it. What about all the people not on sites such as this, I'm not sure they would know. Someone is going to end up sueing kawasaki and since kawasaki has publicly admitted the problem, they will lose.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Apparently they have enough bushings to make new machines but not enough to take care of those already paid for.

And the fact that they have not made any attempt to contact those who purchased a krx that has the issue is questionable business practices. They have started that they are only going to change the ones when an owner requested it. What about all the people not on sites such as this, I'm not sure they would know. Someone is going to end up sueing kawasaki and since kawasaki has publicly admitted the problem, they will lose.
Yep.....

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
294 Posts
Wonder how the dealer got my parts and knocked it out in under a week. I was very happy.
Because sadly most of the problems reside at dealer level. Very few actually run their dealership properly. I have yet to see any dealer call me to set an appointment for a special order part.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Because sadly most of the problems reside at dealer level. Very few actually run their dealership properly. I have yet to see any dealer call me to set an appointment for a special order part.
My dealer called as soon as the Knuckles and a arms were in and did the knuckles and the clutch and sprague bearing in a day. When I picked it up the next morning I dropped my friends off for the knuckles and his were done that day. The dealer is River Rats in Lake Havasu in Az.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received a message this afternoon that mine is done. I'll find out Monday when I pick it up if they reused the bushings. The car is so new that as long as they didn't damage them when they removed them I have no problem with it. I will definitely take a close look at them and keep an eye on them.

I have some things to take care of this week but will be on the dunes next Sunday!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Picked mine up today. Looks good. The dealer actually had the bushings but not the sleeve. So all they reused was the steel sleeve.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts