Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also received the email today. Well now yesterday cause it’s 1:30am. But my question is. I bought my krx about 5hrs away from my home. Can anyone recommend a dealerships service dept within a 1hr or 1.5hrs of Huntington WV. There is a dealer in Huntington, I have no idea if they are good or not. Usually do most maintenance and accessory installs myself so it’s never been to the dealer for anything yet. Thanks in advance for any input or consideration on this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I called my dealer today to have the get the ball rolling on their end. Surprisingly he even knew what I was talking about, that was a first. We'll see how long it takes kawasaki to get the parts out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I called my dealer today to have the get the ball rolling on their end. Surprisingly he even knew what I was talking about, that was a first. We'll see how long it takes kawasaki to get the parts out.
My dealer had no clue. The service manager seemed irritated that I knew about it and he didn't . Had me forward the email to him so he could check into it. He tried to call the k-tech dealer hot line, but was 14th in line, so he gave up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ve had the arms, knuckles and 4 balljoints for well over a month... still haven’t put them on. Figured I’d keep them for spares.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
255 Posts
Called my dealer yesterday. They were clueless and insisted I would have a case number from Kawasaki if this were a real thing. Heading there today for a face to face with them, with a copy of the four emails I've received from Kawasaki during this whole process. Funny thing is, they claim to be the largest Kawasaki dealer in the west. Hmmmm, think they would have heard of this if that were true....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too received the email telling me to visit my local dealer. I did, they knew about it, but said I had to bring in my rig and leave t with them before they could order the parts. (?) He then said I could make an appointment. Next available is a month out. I took it, but now I'm wondering if they are not going to order the parts until I take it in a month from now. Is that normal?
I've been very disappointed in my dealer, Post Falls Idaho, they seem to have zero interest in taking care of the customer after the purchase. I bought the sport roof on day 1, of course they didn't have any and so I waited a couple of weeks. Finally stopped in there to ask and the guy pulls one out of the back of the shop, no box (?). Got it home and no rubber gasket. Had to order that which took another 3 weeks and again, I got no call telling me it was in. Same with my front windshield, ordered the factory glass. Nice window but the 2 guys behind the counter watch me drag the $600 box out of the front door instead of offering to help me load it in my truck. Now this with the knuckles. This is my 1st SXS, and I purchased the extended warranty. I'm hoping the dealer gets better than what I've seen so far.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
255 Posts
I went in and talked with the service manager today, and he had heard of this. He looked over my emails from Kawasaki, typed info into his computer, and said he would get on it today. No time frame given, but at least the process is started. I'm on a first name basis with the service manager there, we have seen a fair amount of each other over the years. I have bought three different Polaris machines there, and have had work done on them there. They rebuilt my 850 twice (2011 Sportsman 850 XP), did some warranty work on my wife's 570 Touring, and he hooked me up with a guy to weld the broken frame on the 850. The General never had to go in. Hopefully this process goes smoothly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I went in and talked with the service manager today, and he had heard of this. He looked over my emails from Kawasaki, typed info into his computer, and said he would get on it today. No time frame given, but at least the process is started. I'm on a first name basis with the service manager there, we have seen a fair amount of each other over the years. I have bought three different Polaris machines there, and have had work done on them there. They rebuilt my 850 twice (2011 Sportsman 850 XP), did some warranty work on my wife's 570 Touring, and he hooked me up with a guy to weld the broken frame on the 850. The General never had to go in. Hopefully this process goes smoothly.
My dealer has all the parts except the right lower control arm. Mine is white and has been on backorder for about 6 weeks.He can get the green. At the same time that the knuckles are being replaced he is going to replace the whole sprague clutch with 2021 parts as it was totally reengineered.The reason is that mine seemed to jump out of gear in 4 wheel high lock going downhill under grade breaking. It has done this a couple of times. If that doesn't fix the problem then it would have to be the gearbox. He has all of the parts for the clutch.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My dealer has all the parts except the right lower control arm. Mine is white and has been on backorder for about 6 weeks.He can get the green. At the same time that the knuckles are being replaced he is going to replace the whole sprague clutch with 2021 parts as it was totally reengineered.The reason is that mine seemed to jump out of gear in 4 wheel high lock going downhill under grade breaking. It has done this a couple of times. If that doesn't fix the problem then it would have to be the gearbox. He has all of the parts for the clutch.
I probably already asked somewhere but have you adjusted the shifter linkage at the tranny to see if that was the problem first?

·
Registered
173 Posts
just picked up my krx from having the steering spindles replaced and I can immediately tell there is a difference in the caster.. steering wheel wants to return immediately... I have not done any measurements yet but not liking the constant return tension on the steering wheel.. I assume that the dealer has it close to straight as the steering wheel tracks straight.. but there is definitely a different steering feel

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
just picked up my krx from having the steering spindles replaced and I can immediately tell there is a difference in the caster.. steering wheel wants to return immediately... I have not done any measurements yet but not liking the constant return tension on the steering wheel.. I assume that the dealer has it close to straight as the steering wheel tracks straight.. but there is definitely a different steering feel
What color is your KRX?

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
294 Posts
Best thing I can tell y’all is go straight to the service manager. Service advisors are clueless about the whole thing. There is no campaign or bulletin, just forward them the emails from Kawasaki. Give them your VIN and color of control arms you have so they can order the parts. I was told they’re 3 weeks out. I don’t trust they’ll call me back to schedule the appointment, so I’ll be following up at that time.

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000 "Green Goblin"
37 Posts
I also received the email today. Well now yesterday cause it’s 1:30am. But my question is. I bought my krx about 5hrs away from my home. Can anyone recommend a dealerships service dept within a 1hr or 1.5hrs of Huntington WV. There is a dealer in Huntington, I have no idea if they are good or not. Usually do most maintenance and accessory installs myself so it’s never been to the dealer for anything yet. Thanks in advance for any input or consideration on this.
I bought mine at Ashland Cycle center. There is also a Kawi dealer in Mt Sterling. I have not used either of them for service but that gives you a couple options.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ashland cycle is out. I didn’t purchase mine from there. I called and the quoted me the price of $499 dollars for the first 20hr service. I don’t know what others are charging but some how I feel this is a rip off. So I probably won’t trust them to take care of me on warranty claims.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
294 Posts
Ashland cycle is out. I didn’t purchase mine from there. I called and the quoted me the price of $499 dollars for the first 20hr service. I don’t know what others are charging but some how I feel this is a rip off. So I probably won’t trust them to take care of me on warranty claims.
Not much different in the Southwest. $400 over here for the first service. Took me about 2 hours to do it all and spent 130 bucks on synthetic fluids

·
Registered
2020 KRX
73 Posts
Just dropped the KRX off at the dealer for the knuckle / A-Arm replacement. They told me two weeks so we will see...

21 - 40 of 72 Posts