Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000, 2016 Wildcat Sport, 2018 Ram 3500 and 2016 XLR305V12 toy hauler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending the weekend exploring the trails around St. Helen and Houghton Lake areas in Michigan. Started a little chilly today but plenty of sun out.
20210402_141408.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very cool. I am surprised to see how much sand your on there...
I too am a Michigander, never rode around that area - I have a Cabin about an hour+ north of there (Mancelona/Lakes of the North).
How do you like the machine? I haven't taken mine out yet; sold my 2019 Polaris Turbo S, outside of the power I'm sure I will like the KRX.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000, 2016 Wildcat Sport, 2018 Ram 3500 and 2016 XLR305V12 toy hauler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I too am a Michigander, never rode around that area - I have a Cabin about an hour+ north of there (Mancelona/Lakes of the North).
How do you like the machine? I haven't taken mine out yet; sold my 2019 Polaris Turbo S, outside of the power I'm sure I will like the KRX.
We're from Ohio but spend alot of time vacationing in Michigan. There is a few small sand play areas in the middle of the woods here. We're really happy with it so far. We started with a Wildcat Sport 700 so this is a all around improvement power, suspension, ground clearance and interior room. Is there many trails by Mancelona? We're going to be up at Timber Ridge end of July we'll ride trails out of there and take the boat to Torch Lake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haaaa there is so many trails you can get lost in all of the turns and options. My place is between Gaylord and Torch Lake in a large subdivision called Lakes of the North. In the heart of great riding.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It amazes me how many people are coming from faster machines to the KRX considering all the whining I see EVERYWHERE about how slow it is!! Should I even ask why you made the switch lol. I have never owned anything popo and never will.

·
Registered
389 Posts
We're from Ohio but spend alot of time vacationing in Michigan. There is a few small sand play areas in the middle of the woods here. We're really happy with it so far. We started with a Wildcat Sport 700 so this is a all around improvement power, suspension, ground clearance and interior room. Is there many trails by Mancelona? We're going to be up at Timber Ridge end of July we'll ride trails out of there and take the boat to Torch Lake.
Ohio as well...whereabouts in Ohio are you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It amazes me how many people are coming from faster machines to the KRX considering all the whining I see EVERYWHERE about how slow it is!! Should I even ask why you made the switch lol. I have never owned anything popo and never will.
First and foremost this was a very long and thorough review/research that I did before getting rid of the Turbo S. That thing is at home when speed is your scene. The Dynamix suspension with the electronic Fox shocks is nothing short of amazing. It can take a C or D driver and make them into a B. Also they have a great infotainment screen that proves invaluable when you forgot your cellphone in the middle of nowhere.

Why switch out of the Polaris Turbo S:
  • heat from the motor, specifically the turbo
  • the heat was scorching hot in the summer
  • really tight cabin, and I’m 5’9”. I had the seat all the way back; can’t imagine a guy who’s 6’
  • I hated the non-retractable restraints
  • very wide machine. Great for wide open trails but you feel it’s size in tight stuff.
  • your average enclosed trailer can’t fit it

·
Registered
389 Posts
First and foremost this was a very long and thorough review/research that I did before getting rid of the Turbo S. That thing is at home when speed is your scene. The Dynamix suspension with the electronic Fox shocks is nothing short of amazing. It can take a C or D driver and make them into a B. Also they have a great infotainment screen that proves invaluable when you forgot your cellphone in the middle of nowhere.

Why switch out of the Polaris Turbo S:
  • heat from the motor, specifically the turbo
  • the heat was scorching hot in the summer
  • really tight cabin, and I’m 5’9”. I had the seat all the way back; can’t imagine a guy who’s 6’
  • I hated the non-retractable restraints
  • very wide machine. Great for wide open trails but you feel it’s size in tight stuff.
  • your average enclosed trailer can’t fit it
View attachment 2668
I've always liked the looks and speed of a popo.. but with them burning to the ground, constantly breaking and poor warranty service I'll take slow and steady over fast and broke! Really the speed of the KRX is fine with me...I'm more of a technical rider anyways and almost 70mph is plenty of I need it. I do see a lot of people making the switch though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am added to my stable of quad's with my first UTV and have my eyes on the KRX 1000. I have a cabin in West Branch, MI just a 15 minute ride away from St Helen's so I expect to do a lot of riding there yet have a few concerns wit the 68" width of the KRX. Michigan has trails and routes and with the KRX, I expect that it will be relegated to the routes. The trail system for 50" wide vehicles is quite extensive. Have you found many trails wide enough for the KRX? I also have a son who lives in Cadillac so expect to ride trails/routes between Cadillac and traverse City, around Lake city, Kalkaska and surrounding areas. Any good ideas in those areas for riding the wider KRX?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am added to my stable of quad's with my first UTV and have my eyes on the KRX 1000. I have a cabin in West Branch, MI just a 15 minute ride away from St Helen's so I expect to do a lot of riding there yet have a few concerns wit the 68" width of the KRX. Michigan has trails and routes and with the KRX, I expect that it will be relegated to the routes. The trail system for 50" wide vehicles is quite extensive. Have you found many trails wide enough for the KRX? I also have a son who lives in Cadillac so expect to ride trails/routes between Cadillac and traverse City, around Lake city, Kalkaska and surrounding areas. Any good ideas in those areas for riding the wider KRX?
TBH the designation of all the trails are quite confusing, in that unless you’re using a GPS device that shows the different trail designation you can find yourself on a trail that wide SxS’s aren’t allowed. Yes the DNR has them marked but it’s typically at a trail head not all intersections...
I have been using Onx Offroad App for a few years and it’s great. Shows the different trail networks and all of those unmarked 2 tracks that you can go on off-trail exploration. Invest in a good map app (Onx Offroad, GAIA) you will find all types of riding right by West Branch, Cadillac, and the entire Northwest corridor of the lower peninsula.
You’re welcome to join us one weekend for a ride up at my place.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The krx fits no problem on most trails. I’ve had mine many places including Baldwin, Cadillac/Manton, kalkaska, Gaylord, st Helen, Drummond island, paradise, grand marais, keewenaw peninsula, etc. you shouldn’t have a problem!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts