Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have just over 200 miles and 27hrs on my KRX 1000 and have noticed that the suspension is a little squeaky and knocks when hitting pot holes, woops etc.. going at reasonable speeds. (Not a bad knocking noise, they still perform great) I have adjusted the suspension to 7 in the front and 2 in the rear. Makes for a comfortable ride here in Arkansas in this big rock and muddy terrain. I can also step out and pull down on the roll cage and the front suspension will stick for a few before bouncing back up. I take good care of them and never "send" it. Ha! Its not that big of a deal was just wondering if anyone was having the same thing happen and if jts normal. Or tell me what I'm doing wrong! Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine makes similar noises in those situations and it’s in the shop right now (for an alignment) but I also asked them to check on the suspension noise. So I will report back if there’s anything they find that might be an issue. My gut tells me that it is normal and functioning properly, however might as well use the 6 month warranty while it’s active.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine makes similar noises in those situations and it’s in the shop right now (for an alignment) but I also asked them to check on the suspension noise. So I will report back if there’s anything they find that might be an issue. My gut tells me that it is normal and functioning properly, however might as well use the 6 month warranty while it’s active.
I'd appreciate it! I've checked it over and doesn't look like anything is wearing. No scrapes or gouges. So it may be normal. Getting my first service in a few days as well. So might see if they can check them too!

·
Registered
158 Posts
make sure your upper shock mounts are tight! see the post "shock mount"... also make sure your cross over springs are set to avoid spring lock of the uppers...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone, I have just over 200 miles and 27hrs on my KRX 1000 and have noticed that the suspension is a little squeaky and knocks when hitting pot holes, woops etc.. going at reasonable speeds. (Not a bad knocking noise, they still perform great) I have adjusted the suspension to 7 in the front and 2 in the rear. Makes for a comfortable ride here in Arkansas in this big rock and muddy terrain. I can also step out and pull down on the roll cage and the front suspension will stick for a few before bouncing back up. I take good care of them and never "send" it. Ha! Its not that big of a deal was just wondering if anyone was having the same thing happen and if jts normal. Or tell me what I'm doing wrong! Thanks!
bet the knock is the crossover rings. Mine does same thing hitting potholes. Some say the fix is adjust preload back out to stock specs after the initial sag from new. Mine squeaks every once in awhile. Mainly after few water/mudd crossings then dust builds up.

where you at in Arkansas? Im up in NWA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bet the knock is the crossover rings. Mine does same thing hitting potholes. Some say the fix is adjust preload back out to stock specs after the initial sag from new. Mine squeaks every once in awhile. Mainly after few water/mudd crossings then dust builds up.

where you at in Arkansas? Im up in NWA
NWA as well friend. Born and raised!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts