Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pro UTV Parts KRX
2021 KRX
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order online or start a conversation with Craig

HEAVY DUTY PARKING BRAKE FOR YOUR KAWASAKI KRX 1000-WITH LOCKING FEATURE.

Installation:

Installs in less than 2-3 minutes, guaranteed the quickest and easiest install and use on the market.

Remove the 12mm nut from behind the brake pedal

Remove the plastic rivet from the left side of the brake pedal

Install parking brake on to factory stud, replace and tighten the 12 mm nut, install supplied 1/4" bolt and nut where the plastic rivet was.

To engage, press brake pedal with right foot, slide the red arm to the right with your left foot to lock the pedal down.

Simply push the brake pedal again to release.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
336 Posts
The hand brake slips backwards. It holds better forward.
Is there a way to adjust the hand brake? I really like the hand brake we have, but mine likes to slip a little. I don't want to add something my left foot has to operate.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Spring brake thingy is awesome if u have good brakes. Used one on my Honda a bunch. Got one on my krx and with the spongy pedal right now, doesn't hardly work. Also had to grind down the mounting bracket to get more pedal throw. Not sure if they made changes but did tell them many months ago about the mod.

·
Registered
629 Posts
U can see the rust spot in there where I die grinded the bracket for more pedal throw. My brakes do suck and shouldn't have been needed, more on that later. Does allow u to put a lock on the pedal. Also good for winching someone outside the vehicle. Had times where the ebrake didn't want to hold on a big hill and brake thing worked. Real easy to right foot brake and use the left foot to push the lock over and release.

·
Pro UTV Parts KRX
2021 KRX
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The stock park brake on the KRX is weak and won't hold when needed. Use the Spring Brake Thingy park brake when you really need it to hold.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
991 Posts
I can recommend this. The first or second mod I did. It locks all four wheels same as your foot on the brake pedal. Not a substitute for the parking brake - this is what you want when parked on a hill. I also trailer with it.

Reactions: Bizill

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Ordered one yesterday from SBT. Could've saved a few bucks buying from proutvparts. Had a Scorpion Lok on my RZR and it was a Godsend. Hopefully this works just as reliably on the KRX.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm glad I have this on my KRX. Simply put, I don't altogether place trust in the parking brake and pb handle. When on an incline and parked, when towing for sure and even washing it on my steep driveway I always set the SpringBrakeThinggy. Just don't forget to depress the brake which releases the SBT before you drive. You'll smoke a belt if you try to hit the gas. Did that a few times on my RZR. I never forget to disengage it on the KRX though.

4 wheels locked out vs only the rears.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts