Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you looked at the Speed UTV and considered purchasing instead of the KRX?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Speed UTV = Unicorn...

Ask all the guys who put down deposits how that’s going. I recommend anyone considering one to first do your homework and know what your getting into.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read the car should be released any day! I have also read that it is unproven technology and why would you want to be part of the R&D team. No parts network etc.When you say unicorn you don't believe it will actually happen I suppose. It looks good in the vids and on paper but If there aren't any real ones ones who knows.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see pricing all over the map...is the base $30K? I understand folks have different perspectives on everything...cars, houses, women etc. I cant understand 30-50K on a utv either buying new or upgrading. I would buy a rubicon jeep and be done. Makes the world go round!

·
Banned
487 Posts
I see pricing all over the map...is the base $30K? I understand folks have different perspectives on everything...cars, houses, women etc. I cant understand 30-50K on a utv either buying new or upgrading. I would buy a rubicon jeep and be done. Makes the world go round!
Well, I use to think the same about the jeep. I’ve had and have several including a rubicon on 35’s. And then I bought a sxs and have 25-30k into a pioneer. Then I bought the Krx and there’s just no comparison to a jeep or the Honda pioneer. I’d 10-1 prefer the Krx for actual trail riding. It’s sooooo much more fun. The jeep has its place but it’s just different and won’t do what the sxs can. I still think the prices for some of these sxs are outrageous but there was a time I couldn’t imagine and wouldn’t spend 15k on a “toy”. Now that’s just laughable... with that said. I haven’t and won’t spend 50k on a sxs when I can spend 20k and have a Krx that is awesome. There are some things I like about the speed but again.. it’s all hypotheticals at this point.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'd let a few friends get them and see how they liked the overall experience. RG seems to be super OCD on performance details and I'm sure it is an impressive hi speed desert ride. But parts is parts. I got enough time lost waiting on Kawi parts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll admit SxS's don't represent good value, but there is no stockish Jeep that can even begin to keep up with a sport SxS beyond a smooth surface, and the Jeep will knock your fillings out to boot. I love Jeeps, but it's a whole different realm.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have watched every episode of RG's presentations, and on paper, and by the spec's it is going to be a great machine. The design is head and shoulders above the rest. Execution remains to be seen. For all those waiting, I hope they can hit the ground running, and not have teething problems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have watched some the episodes and read about the car. I have no need for it, nothing about the car that is worth 35-40 K to me. I suppose the same logic translates to a corvette...I just don’t have a need for it, my RAM truck is fine!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Episode 58 is basic engine stuff....it all seems like a scam to me. Venture capitalist money , seed money, deposits all add up then bankruptcy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts