Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to be replacing my stock 50 mile Carnivores. It might be easier to just order a set of built wheels and tires as some other folks on here have done. Or, I might just order some tires and have them mounted on my stock wheels @ $50 a pop. Not sure yet which direction I'll go, but if I were to end up selling the stock wheel and tire assemblies as spares, what are they worth? I realize Kawi wants ~$418 for one. Mine have the green rings.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
712 Posts
Depends on how fast you want to move them. $418 + 20% off and free shipping this weekend from Kawasaki, equals $334.40 for a brand new one. So with 50 miles on them, $275 each would be fair. And try to sell them locally, because shipping would be brutal cost wise.

Now, to go a different route. Why not keep the factory wheels (because they are good rims) and just get some new shoes for them. Pick up a cheap rim to mount one of the old tires onto, and now you have a spare.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would keep the stock wheels unless you want a different look or offset. Most aftermarket wheels out there will make you wider so something to consider.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
221 Posts
One thing to consider is hub centric vs lug centric. OEM is hub and aftermarket is lug so that may/may not matter to you. I much prefer the hub centric.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would keep the stock wheels unless you want a different look or offset. Most aftermarket wheels out there will make you wider so something to consider.
Ahhh. I didn't think about that. I can't have the machine any wider than it is due to storage considerations. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
221 Posts
Just my speculation but I would imagine that a 5/2 offset wouldn't be any wider than stock. A 4/3 might be a tad wider but I haven't measured anything for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
864 Posts
Just my speculation but I would imagine that a 5/2 offset wouldn't be any wider than stock. A 4/3 might be a tad wider but I haven't measured anything for sure.
Aftermarket wheels always seem to be a bit wider than OEM, even with the same offset. My Tusk wheels have a 5+2 offset, but I'm close to 70" wide now. Ran into the same when I put new wheels on my 850. Stuck with the 6+1 offset and still gained nearly 2" in width. Don't know why but it just seems to work out that way.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
864 Posts
So I am going to be replacing my stock 50 mile Carnivores. It might be easier to just order a set of built wheels and tires as some other folks on here have done. Or, I might just order some tires and have them mounted on my stock wheels @ $50 a pop. Not sure yet which direction I'll go, but if I were to end up selling the stock wheel and tire assemblies as spares, what are they worth? I realize Kawi wants ~$418 for one. Mine have the green rings.
With the bead locks, you can mount your new tires yourself. Nothing tough about it, it just take a little time and a torque wrench. The $200 you save will pay for one of the new tires. Or, you could do what I did and buy new wheels and tires and just keep the OEM's mounted up and taking up space in the basement... 🤣

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aftermarket wheels always seem to be a bit wider than OEM, even with the same offset. My Tusk wheels have a 5+2 offset, but I'm close to 70" wide now. Ran into the same when I put new wheels on my 850. Stuck with the 6+1 offset and still gained nearly 2" in width. Don't know why but it just seems to work out that way.
Yeah, I can't have the machine even 1 inch wider, due to the door width on my storage shed. So, stock wheels with new tires it is.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
627 Posts
If you are within reasonable driving distance of me and decide to sell them I would give you $275 for one of them.
I’m with this guy as I too need a spare. I’d actually buy just the wheel if that’s an option. I hate the carnivores.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[/
Depends on how fast you want to move them. $418 + 20% off and free shipping this weekend from Kawasaki, equals $334.40 for a brand new one. So with 50 miles on them, $275 each would be fair. And try to sell them locally, because shipping would be brutal cost wise.

Now, to go a different route. Why not keep the factory wheels (because they are good rims) and just get some new shoes for them. Pick up a cheap rim to mount one of the old tires onto, and now you have a spare.
Where can I find this sale. I can't find it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
712 Posts
It was a Black Friday (weekend) sale. Kawasaki sent out an email with the info.

You can find all the deals that were going on HERE.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts