Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
KRX 1000
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm positive a lot of guys out there decided to go aftermarket for spare tire carriers and I'm not too fond of the OEM Kawi one. Anybody have either of the 2 I'm deciding on, and if so please send pics!

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went with the OEM one after looking at all the options.........if i was picking from those 2 I would go with the tusk because i saw they had a bracket that you can put their jack on the carrier as well - that bracket might fit on the satv one - I didnt research it.... but it seemed like a nice feature instead of putting your jack on the cage or in the box somewhere.....

·
Registered
2020 KRX
76 Posts
What steered towards the OEM one was the mounting brackets. OEM is very stout and clamps in the 4 locations and then linked together with another bar. I also like the lifting option for the cargo area Just my .02

·
Registered
KRX 1000
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What steered towards the OEM one was the mounting brackets. OEM is very stout and clamps in the 4 locations and then linked together with another bar. I also like the lifting option for the cargo area Just my .02
I agree, but you have no rear view. I noticed the Tusk has 4 mounting points, sits higher and Superatv one only 2 mounting spots.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the OEM, real nice, but also a pain.

I immediately had issues with the locking mechanism on one side, therefore I took it out and use just the one side to lock it down.

It's a real awesome looking piece, but for the $ I would've went with the tusk one and Jack mount option. Seriously.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the OEM, real nice, but also a pain.

I immediately had issues with the locking mechanism on one side, therefore I took it out and use just the one side to lock it down.

It's a real awesome looking piece, but for the $ I would've went with the tusk one and Jack mount option. Seriously.
And yes, u can't see out the rearview at all.

Will note I have the OEM back windshield that I have tinted. And trailering the KRX the spare tire and bracket look so bad azz from the front looking thru view.

·
Registered
241 Posts
For a stock tire sized spare tire, where are you sourcing the tire from?

Dealer wants $650 for 31" stock rubber, rim, and 16 beadlock bolts..........ouch...............SIX FIFTY?

·
Registered
KRX 1000
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For a stock tire sized spare tire, where are you sourcing the tire from?

Dealer wants $650 for 31" stock rubber, rim, and 16 beadlock bolts..........ouch...............SIX FIFTY?
$1088 CAD for complete tire and rim, I think I'll get the rim but move to 32" Carns

·
Registered
97 Posts
Factory UTV. American made quality... Their UHMW skids are bad ass too. Local to me and a great small family owned company

TUSK is cheap China garb...

·
Built For Battle
64 Posts
Hey! Hit me up if you're interested in ours, and I'll get you the current forum member discount.

·
Registered
KRX 1000
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I decided on the Tusk combo, good value and comes with scissor jack and mount! I'll send pics once I receive and install

1 - 19 of 19 Posts