Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in rides but got no response. Several of us live in Northern Utah, but don't want to go South or ride on weekends here up North of SLC, both are parking lots. Does anyone know of any rides in South/Southeastern Idaho we can get to in a few hours?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't want a 5 hour drive each direction to do a day ride. Traffic is horrible SLC and South, and the locals are getting hostile. Other than that, when we go South it is to Sand Hollow, and usually 3-5 days. Most people I ride with are not retired like I am.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Bro', I think you are seeing what's happening everywhere.
I ride in So. Idaho and its a shits show everywhere from South Hills to Owyhee's.
Especially inexperienced riders, running into things.
Not only during the day, but now at night its friggin' freaky.
Can't speak about out Pocatello way, but I've friends who ride out there and same thing.
Shit show crowded.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a rosy picture. I feel bad for my working friends, their time off is measured in hours, not days. We all hate driving anywhere from Layton on South though..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't want a 5 hour drive each direction to do a day ride. Traffic is horrible SLC and South, and the locals are getting hostile. Other than that, when we go South it is to Sand Hollow, and usually 3-5 days. Most people I ride with are not retired like I am.
The first time I went to Moab I stayed in Moab and rode around the slick rock area. I've since been there a few more times and have discovered all of the BLM area around Moab. Make your 5 hour drive, camp, and ride for a few days in the BLM area. Last time I was there I camped right next to a massive canyon about 20 miles outside of Moab. We had 100's of miles of riding area. The year before that I did a ride from Vernal, UT all the way to Moab and back through the wilderness, 500 miles round trip over 4 days. It was freaking awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.