Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share...
I didn't see a ton of post already about this, so starting a new Post.

We ran into a group of guys with 3 KRX's a few weeks ago at Interlake and as we where BS'in with them, one of them showed us this KilMat sound/heat deadening that he put on the back of his rear firewall. He really was pleased with it and recommended it. So I ordered some off Amazon and just gave it a try.

So far its made a really big difference in the over all cab noise. You hear the actual exhaust now instead of the engine noise filling the cab.
I'm not sure how its going to hold up over time with mud/water - but we will see. The stuff is super easy to work with.
We haven't had the chance to go on a long ride yet with it installed..so not quite sure how much heat it will keep out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sounds like a plan...but first still need to find my KRX....waiting for dealers replies are nerve-racking...but oh well...good things come to those who wait...:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like a plan...but first still need to find my KRX....waiting for dealers replies are nerve-racking...but oh well...good things come to those who wait...:ROFLMAO:
Yea we ended up having to drive to another state to find ours....
And the dealer didn't even have it listed on their website - we just happened to see it on FB Marketplace where the dealer had posted there instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I’m in the Yuma foothills also, did you try Parker Powersports for a machine ?, that’s where I got mine, we’ll have to get together for a beer sometime :)
Sounds good. Parker is where I want to get mine but he is out of the '21's but said the 22's should be out late Oct. He is going to a dealer meeting to find out more info. If they stay the same price as the 21's I could have it OTD ? can I say a price here on this forum...Some forums don't like to talk price on line,,,

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm in Mesa, AZ. Kellys Kawasaki, and it's sister store, Arizona Kawasaki, have a few 21s in stock.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,560 Posts
Just wanted to share...
I didn't see a ton of post already about this, so starting a new Post.

We ran into a group of guys with 3 KRX's a few weeks ago at Interlake and as we where BS'in with them, one of them showed us this KilMat sound/heat deadening that he put on the back of his rear firewall. He really was pleased with it and recommended it. So I ordered some off Amazon and just gave it a try.

So far its made a really big difference in the over all cab noise. You hear the actual exhaust now instead of the engine noise filling the cab.
I'm not sure how its going to hold up over time with mud/water - but we will see. The stuff is super easy to work with.
We haven't had the chance to go on a long ride yet with it installed..so not quite sure how much heat it will keep out.

View attachment 4414
View attachment 4415
View attachment 4416
Keep us posted! Following

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shoot, for 58 bucks it's worth a try.
Yeah I’m really happy with it so far.
We actually bought the smaller set and I have two full sheets left. Will probably double it up in spots to use the rest.

KILMAT 80 mil 18 sqft Car Sound Deadening Mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082Q2J2T...abc_MWAGDFAAET6F792WDXY8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I did end up pulling the seats out. It just made it easier to access everything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I’m really happy with it so far.
We actually bought the smaller set and I have two full sheets left. Will probably double it up in spots to use the rest.

KILMAT 80 mil 18 sqft Car Sound Deadening Mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening Amazon.com: KILMAT 80 mil 18 sqft Car Sound Deadening Mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening: Automotive

I did end up pulling the seats out. It just made it easier to access everything.
And this is the roller I bought. Worked perfect.

NORSMIC Car Sound Deadening Roller, 0.7lb Extremely Smooth Sound Insulation Roller Metal, Noise Deadening Sound Deading Tool (1PC - 1.69 inch) Amazon.com: NORSMIC Car Sound Deadening Roller, 0.7lb Extremely Smooth Sound Insulation Roller Metal, Noise Deadening Sound Deading Tool (1PC - 1.69 inch): Automotive

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,560 Posts
And this is the roller I bought. Worked perfect.

NORSMIC Car Sound Deadening Roller, 0.7lb Extremely Smooth Sound Insulation Roller Metal, Noise Deadening Sound Deading Tool (1PC - 1.69 inch) Amazon.com: NORSMIC Car Sound Deadening Roller, 0.7lb Extremely Smooth Sound Insulation Roller Metal, Noise Deadening Sound Deading Tool (1PC - 1.69 inch): Automotive
Would you say it’s comparable to dynamat? Also after a ride is it warm or cool? Thanks for your feedback, this is looking like a great mod!

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
I'm in Mesa, AZ. Kellys Kawasaki, and it's sister store, Arizona Kawasaki, have a few 21s in stock.
I bought the Blue one that Arizona Kawasaki had a couple weeks ago. Enjoyed dealing with Matt. Gene at Kellys was great also. AK store was closer!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
So if that is on the outside in the rear how does it hold up to gear back there? I keep tools, first aid kit, jumpbox and flat fix stuff and such behind the seats looks like that would beat the foam all to hell?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So if that is on the outside in the rear how does it hold up to gear back there? I keep tools, first aid kit, jumpbox and flat fix stuff and such behind the seats looks like that would beat the foam all to hell?
I’m not sure. I can let you guys know how it is over time. It seems pretty tough…it’s almost a tar type backing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used this product on my generator enclosure on my 5th wheel. Made a huge difference in both the volume and tone of the noise in my coach. Also helped keep some of the heat out of my storage bays.

Right now I am leaning towards bed lining the inside, wheel wells, and inside of my future KRX. Did this in my CJ7, along with the fiberglass top and really reduced the road noise in the cab.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I sealed all openings with gorilla tape sound-heat shield products listed next post.. I finally got a chance to go for a ride yesterday and it was around 80 degrees. My wife and I could easily talk and never got hot/wet or dusted out. Avg 77-80 dba C sound pressure readings, didn't matter low or high gear 4500-6500 rpm avg. Slower speeds due to trails being very tight 6-20mph. What was weird when getting higher speed, my readings got better due to note changing from the gutted stock muffler. I forgot the IR cam, so no quantifiable data, but no hot water bottles in the cup holder. Before you could make a nice cup of tea in 30 minutes ride time.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts