Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

After installing SATV windshield, Kaw premium roof, Kaw rear window, there is a noticeable increase in cab noise and some added heat. I bought some self stick DEI heat/sound deadening material and going to install on the outside of the rear firewall. (facing the engine) Anyone done this? I'll give a report after finished. Did something similar to our Pioneer (under seat) and made a big difference.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did nothing but I think heat wrap on exhaust and on COOLANT lines would help? I did do mods on old Teryx and it helped but not much.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
I installed some Dynamat extreme to the outside of firewall and to the inside on center console. It did seem to help.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Having owned a mid engine commander and a gen I and 2 maverick compared those to the krx is quiet and cool.. I have seen all kinds of things used on those and did try the dynamat on the inside panels of the early commander only for it to get soo hot it melted the rubber back of the dynamat.. it fell and melted over the engine ... lol it took for ever trying to scrape it off and never did get some of it out.. so keep the dynamite.. away from the engine.. I found the frost king foil faced 1/4" foam back heater insulation you get in rolls at the box store along with the foil extreme temp tape also at hd or Lowes to be the most economical and worked good.. as long as you applied the insulation to a clean panel and left it a tad short on the edges to tape down with the foil tape it would hold up quite a while..
I just installed the seal kit in the krx. but I get into that on another post... the mat under the seats are just the beginning of the multiple holes that could have been designed with a lot closer tolerance..imo

·
Registered
2020 krx 1000
10 Posts
Hello All,

After installing SATV windshield, Kaw premium roof, Kaw rear window, there is a noticeable increase in cab noise and some added heat. I bought some self stick DEI heat/sound deadening material and going to install on the outside of the rear firewall. (facing the engine) Anyone done this? I'll give a report after finished. Did something similar to our Pioneer (under seat) and made a big difference.
I did this to the front right behind and to the sides the radiator and it cut down quit a bit on the heat from the radiator, and then also a big sheet right behind the heat shield on the back wall and it helped with the noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts