Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not only are dealers charging close to $1,500 for freight, but I got a quote from one recently added a "commodity" fee of $400. and some of these dealers have zero class. "This is our price...take it or leave it." I totally understand that supply is limited. But dealers should maintain some class....I'll remember who these dealers are when inventory goes back up and I need a new machine.

Anyone else have stories?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not only are dealers charging close to $1,500 for freight, but I got a quote from one recently added a "commodity" fee of $400. and some of these dealers have zero class. "This is our price...take it or leave it." I totally understand that supply is limited. But dealers should maintain some class....I'll remember who these dealers are when inventory goes back up and I need a new machine.

Anyone else have stories?
Same story but on an e$ model so I payed up the wazoo for it. No deals were given, not a fuc* was given on dealer's end either. In my garage sits my e$.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Reminds me couple years back when the 2 seat Turbo S was already out but they just debuted the 4 seater with the price tag of $30k. The internet was abuzz with folks claiming it wouldn't ever sell and that NOBODY would EVER pay that much for a side by side...

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,560 Posts
I just hope we don’t get to the point like video card or console shortages. Where people pay double or triple. Diesel trucks are insane expensive too right now. Can it all just go back to normal. 😔

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just hope we don’t get to the point like video card or console shortages. Where people pay double or triple. Diesel trucks are insane expensive too right now. Can it all just go back to normal. 😔
I was just thinking diesel trucks. Even used diesels. The next step in the sxs life is diesel and toy hauler. I've been forced to give up on both.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,560 Posts
I was just thinking diesel trucks. Even used diesels. The next step in the sxs life is diesel and toy hauler. I've been forced to give up on both.
You could special order one and wait months which isn’t too bad. My brother ordered his Ford and it took them a little over 3 months to build it. He did have to fight with the dealer for the “addendum” they add. He didn’t ask for it but they did it anyway and that was not ok. Saved a few 1000 and got the truck for MSRP with an additional $2000 rebate from ford.

Used market is crazy, saw a post the other day for a 2021 lariat diesel, they wanted 95k with 5k miles. I went online and priced the truck brand new and it was 67k. That goes to show the amount of inflation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't let a dealer fool you into charging freight or assembly fees; that cost is already built into the machine. I was going to buy a KRX local to me and the dealer had me believing that they had to assemble the vehicle and was changing an assembly and freight fee, about $2000 total. Right before I made the local purchase I called another dealer in Kansas who was not charging any extra fees. The Kansas dealer sold me the machine at MSRP, zero added fees, out the door. I called my local dealer back and told them another dealer had explained to me there was no assembly required on the KRX and these assembly and freight fees were already built into the cost of the machine by Kawasaki. The local dealer then told me they would remove the fees and give me the same price as the Kansas dealer. I said no thanks, drove 6 hours each way and bought the machine from the honest dealership. No regrets

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'm a huge believer in supporting your local dealer, luckily I have a good one. Gives me 15-20% off OEM accessories too. I always take the service guys pizza when I drop off or pick up my machine. Building that friendship goes a long ways towards a happy experience.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wish I could have bought local as the local dealer will be having to do any warranty work and such. No e$'s were in stock so I had to venture out further. Local guys still get paid so I imagine they won't care if I bought from them or not. Still though, I would have rather. They are part of the Kelly Kawasaki chain between Phoenix/Tucson.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought from Kelly's Kawasaki in Mesa AZ for 19248 plus tax in Sept 2021. We drove from San Diego to Arizona and pick it up plus they discounted the 3 year warranty, front and rear bumpers. Then surprised us by installing them for free when we got there from CA. 5 star dealership. Oldest Kawasaki dealer in AZ. San Diego Dealership VEYs wanted $28749 they where 1 mile from our house.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In .CA it's called ADM additional dealership markup $2000 to $2800. We talked to Kawasaki and the said "MSRP" is a suggestion and the dealer came sell there product at any price plus dealer delivery fee.

·
Registered
41 Posts
AdamB, what Kansas dealer was it? I live in Kansas and bought in Kansas. Close Missouri dealer reneged on a sale and I ended up finding the Kansas dealer. He was about 150 miles further away.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
Don't let a dealer fool you into charging freight or assembly fees; that cost is already built into the machine. I was going to buy a KRX local to me and the dealer had me believing that they had to assemble the vehicle and was changing an assembly and freight fee, about $2000 total. Right before I made the local purchase I called another dealer in Kansas who was not charging any extra fees. The Kansas dealer sold me the machine at MSRP, zero added fees, out the door. I called my local dealer back and told them another dealer had explained to me there was no assembly required on the KRX and these assembly and freight fees were already built into the cost of the machine by Kawasaki. The local dealer then told me they would remove the fees and give me the same price as the Kansas dealer. I said no thanks, drove 6 hours each way and bought the machine from the honest dealership. No regrets
If enough people would do that the dealers would have to stop playing their stupid games. I understand they are in this to make every dollar they can, but when someone calls them out on their additional fees they need give. I have a great relationship with my dealer, but it didn't start that way. I called their bluff on my first atv and bought the identical machine from their competition for about $1500 less. I have since bought 2 atv's, my Polaris General and my KRX from them. They know me by name when I walk in and don't try to play games with me anymore. I like supporting my local dealer but I won't bend over for them...

·
Registered
158 Posts
it's also called "Value Added Pricing"........ some dealers will add an accessory- say on a new 4x4 truck they add running boards and a crappy little 'lift kit'..... then they add $10k to the sticker price for accessories that cost them $1k installed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
AdamB, what Kansas dealer was it? I live in Kansas and bought in Kansas. Close Missouri dealer reneged on a sale and I ended up finding the Kansas dealer. He was about 150 miles further away.
Jay Hatfield Motorsports

·
Registered
42 Posts
If enough people would do that the dealers would have to stop playing their stupid games. I understand they are in this to make every dollar they can, but when someone calls them out on their additional fees they need give. I have a great relationship with my dealer, but it didn't start that way. I called their bluff on my first atv and bought the identical machine from their competition for about $1500 less. I have since bought 2 atv's, my Polaris General and my KRX from them. They know me by name when I walk in and don't try to play games with me anymore. I like supporting my local dealer but I won't bend over for them...
The biggest issue I had was the salesman lied to me. He could have just said this is a dealer markup but he tried to make me think there was an actual assembly and freight fee which was a blatant lie. The freight fee is already part of the MSRP and there is no assembly, just a dealer inspection/prep of the machine. They receive the machine, and clean it up to put it on their showroom floor.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
Jay Hatfield Motorsports
Jay Hatfield had the best out the door price in the nation. They were $500 higher than Jonesboro cycle but didn’t add any fees or tax for out of state customers. Jonesboro was able to get their hands on one before Jay Hatfield though

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
41 Posts
We also bought from J Hatfield, the Frontenac store. We traded in a 17 Polaris TRE so there was some bargaining before we settled on a good price. They do a pretty good business selling out of state. The eS that we looked at first was already sold so we had to wait awhile to get ours.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts