Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 KRX 1000 on order with the "I want it all" package. I have read that the package adds quite a bit of weight and a spring upgrade is suggested. Would appreciate any insight on the best spring upgrade to get. Sincerely appreciate any help I can get.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
Perhaps a suggestion to Kawasaki directly or through the dealer to include upgraded springs with this package? IMHO, if you want it all, you should get it all without having to buy additional items later on.

Reactions: Speedyg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps a suggestion to Kawasaki directly or through the dealer to include upgraded springs with this package? IMHO, if you want it all, you should get it all without having to buy additional items later on.
What is the likelyhood of that happening?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
Sadly it will never happen, but you get the satisfaction of trying. :)
$250 will get you a set of new tender springs from RCOR or AllThingz UTV. That's all you need to maintain your ride height and maintain your great ride. No need at all to totally replace all your springs unless you just want to and have an additional $300-$400 burning a hole in your wallet.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
What is the likelyhood of that happening?
Slim to none if it stays here. I'm currently considering AllThingsUTV tender springs, but there are also choices from RCOR & Shock Therapy and probably a few others. There are several posts addressing each under the "Suspension and Body" topic. BobX2 has a great write up of his experience with a few different springs.
Took my AllThingz UTV tender springs off and put the RCOR tender springs on today.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,299 Posts
Sadly it will never happen, but you get the satisfaction of trying. :)
$250 will get you a set of new tender springs from RCOR or AllThingz UTV. That's all you need to maintain your ride height and maintain your great ride. No need at all to totally replace all your springs unless you just want to and have an additional $300-$400 burning a hole in your wallet.
Sorry Bob, but I disagree.

The OP has basically 2 choices. Replace just the tender springs to regain proper ride height, or change all the springs for a much better ride.
Aftermarket full spring replacement changes the ride completely from the stock setup. Guys that I ride with that have the tender only springs, take a ride in my machine and order the full spring change over. The stock springs are very stiff in comparison to aftermarket.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts

The OP has basically 2 choices. Replace just the tender springs to regain proper ride height, or change all the springs for a much better ride.
I believe I said "That's all you need to maintain your ride height and maintain your great ride." I didn't say they would change your ride, although they will give you an improved ride over the OEM tender springs.
If he wants to maintain what is already the best ride in class, as well as his ride height, all he needs is tender springs. If the OP wants to dump big bucks to try to improve the ride, ST might be the route to go.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Aftermarket full spring replacement changes the ride completely from the stock setup. Guys that I ride with that have the tender only springs, take a ride in my machine and order the full spring change over. The stock springs are very stiff in comparison to aftermarket.
If I wanted to do the full spring change over what would be the best option?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,299 Posts
I can only speak for myself, but I run the Shock Therapy set.
There are a few others on the market, but I have no experience with them.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
You basically have three options. Shock Therapy, Bandit and Eibach.
I would go with ST before considering Bandit, and possibly Eibach over both, although I've never priced a full set of Eibach springs for the KRX..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This set? Dual Rate Spring Kit (DRS) 2019 - 2021 KRX 1000

One of the reasons I purchased the KRX is due to the awesome ride, do not want to lose that. So you are saying the full spring kit will even enhance the already awesome ride?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
I may try the ST springs some day to see if they are really all that. Tough to justify $600 if I don't start doing more riding... (although I will spend more than that on a new pistol and not bat an eye... :ROFLMAO: )

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you want close to stock go with stage 2 Bandit. If you go stage 3, they perform better at higher speed and are for "loaded up " units. I think ST has it right, don't fool yourself on your true riding style and needs. If you are a follow the leader, go stage 2.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You want the best ride avail go with the Shock Therapy Springs, Gold Valve and IQS mine is damn heavy with 35's and just did the springs and I cant believe how good it is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You want the best ride avail go with the Shock Therapy Springs, Gold Valve and IQS mine is damn heavy with 35's and just did the springs and I cant believe how good it is.
What if I did just the shock therapy springs and held off on the Gold Valve and IQS for a while?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seeing how I will not be getting to Arizona anytime soon I think my only option is to go with the springs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same kit (I want it all package), after 4 HMC weekends, I was at about 10.5" on my ride height. So, I put the shock therapy kit on with x-rings and its awesome. The ride is even better than brand new. I would highly suggest spending the extra money on the stk as opposed to just doing the tender springs. I mean your 30+k in, what's another $400-500 to do it right?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the same kit (I want it all package), after 4 HMC weekends, I was at about 10.5" on my ride height. So, I put the shock therapy kit on with x-rings and its awesome. The ride is even better than brand new. I would highly suggest spending the extra money on the stk as opposed to just doing the tender springs. I mean your 30+k in, what's another $400-500 to do it right?
Appreciate the insight. So just to be clear, this is the correct set to get? Dual Rate Spring Kit (DRS) 2019 - 2021 KRX 1000

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And when you say X-rings you mean crossover rings correct?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts