Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Snuff, I,m sure the build will be top notch like the Pioneer. What weights are those and about how many miles on them? And what turbo kit is that? Or, your own turbo kit? Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snuff, I,m sure the build will be top notch like the Pioneer. What weights are those and about how many miles on them? And what turbo kit is that? Or, your own turbo kit? Thanks for sharing the pics.
Dalton weights with 1000 miles on them. Noticed a little shifting feeling on our last ride. They are junk. Force turbo kit but I plan to swap to the smaller turbo and building an intercooler.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been working a good NA tune for a while now. So far I have about 100 log files and a bunch of dragy runs. VFJ 2 and DJT for comparisons. Been having to make a bunch of fuel adjustments to get in a happier spot. DJT doesn't mess with fueling, just timing and throttle. VFJ does fueling too but not happy with that at all, especially #2. WOT fuel is pretty good stock. Using a PV3 and dual wideband O2 for each cylinder. Just grabbed a Powercommander 5 and dual O2 Autotune to speed up changes and help with the turbo tuning.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I changed front calipers to the Polaris turbo 3 piston setup from Brute Performance before my last ride. Pads are about 30% bigger and a lot more options. Took a bit to break in but better. Still going to upgrade the master cylinder as my brakes have always sucked. (It didn't catch on fire thank god! 😅)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the Force Turbo kit and making some changes soon. Plan to swap out the big GT2860 turbo with the GT22 below and adding an intercooler. I will say their quality seems top notch. Really nice welding. Still need to finalize my NA tune for my buddies (Think we're up to 13 KRX's) first then doing the turbo.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SATV frame brace, Brute braces and 12.9 bolts in the arms. Also EXE lower a arms with added grease fittings.

Front upper shock brace (ebay) turned down and welded/braced the EXE limit strap spacers. My shock holes were starting to egg shape before.

SATV Rear radius rods. Joints are a little loose at 1200 miles but rode pretty rough and a lot of mud in the SE. Putting boots on the heims soon to see if that helps.

******* AC on both sides which is needed in the South :cool:. Also a BA glovebox sticker haha.

Mudbuster super wide flares with conveyor belt running boards. Conveyor belt looks a little crappy but does a hell of a job keeping u clean. Had Rokblokz before and they sucked.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,257 Posts
Been working a good NA tune for a while now. So far I have about 100 log files and a bunch of dragy runs. VFJ 2 and DJT for comparisons. Been having to make a bunch of fuel adjustments to get in a happier spot. DJT doesn't mess with fueling, just timing and throttle. VFJ does fueling too but not happy with that at all, especially #2. WOT fuel is pretty good stock. Using a PV3 and dual wideband O2 for each cylinder. Just grabbed a Powercommander 5 and dual O2 Autotune to speed up changes and help with the turbo tuning.
View attachment 5330

View attachment 5331
Did you by chance change out the stock fuel rail? I’ve seen a few new designs come to market that supposedly deliver fuel equally to both cylinders.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you by chance change out the stock fuel rail? I’ve seen a few new designs come to market that supposedly deliver fuel equally to both cylinders.
I did but not the center feed style. Just now swapped for the turbo coming soon. I see no issue with the stock fuel rail. Look at all the v8's that feed all the way around without issue.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
118 Posts
Nice build!

I took advantage of the great deal ProUTV has on the Hymark knuckles.

Just need to find the time to get them installed.

Reactions: snuffnwhiskey

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also installing the Brute fan shroud adapter. Saw quite a few oem fans loosing Magnets in the fan motor. Bought a separate Spal fan that is a bit less cfm but draws half the amps than the one they were selling. Theirs was well over 20 amps. Also replacing the carrier bearing with theirs. Was starting to get a vibration over 30 mph. Also looks like my rear yoke is loose on the splines so going to address that while I have the whole thing tore apart. Running a Turner driveshaft and input shaft. Pretty happy to be at 1200 miles and just now needing a going through for real maintenance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts