Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's one I want to do. SSRT is good for sure. Bloody skillet/Whiskey Springs went to 64"/1800 lbs a few years ago. I've seen plenty of video of bigger stuff and have been told there is no issue but hate to make the trip for nothing. I'll be watching this thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I re-read their FB page and it says there are several gate bollards that are 70 inches wide. I reached out to them directly for additional clarification.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes, SSRT has always been good. The issue is with Bloody skillet and Whiskey Springs. They are state ran and separate from SSRT. They are 64/1800 lbs dry limit. There is also an issue with out of plates if your not in PA. They said they honor Ohio plates but I'm registered unconventional vehicle with a full size plate. PA has some hard to decipher ATV laws.

Also if your planning on going soon SSRT is year round but Whiskey springs and Bloody skillet are closed right now or closing soon. They reopen for a few months for a winter season then close again for spring thaw.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, SSRT has always been good. The issue is with Bloody skillet and Whiskey Springs. They are state ran and separate from SSRT. They are 64/1800 lbs dry limit. There is also an issue with out of plates if your not in PA. They said they honor Ohio plates but I'm registered unconventional vehicle with a full size plate. PA has some hard to decipher ATV laws.

Also if your planning on going soon SSRT is year round but Whiskey springs and Bloody skillet are closed right now or closing soon. They reopen for a few months for a winter season then close again for spring thaw.
Thanks for that information. hopefully PA will up the width/weight limits In the future.

·
Registered
319 Posts
There are plenty of people saying they don't enforce the width limits. Pa is bad about updating there web sites for these places, they still list the 58 limit that changed in 2017. I've done a ton a research on these places and will probably just try it next year. A RZR XP that claims to 64 is more like 66-68 at ride height and there is plenty of them there.

This vid has machines way over 64 and about a minute in they are leaving the parking area and most the machines there are over 64.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We were at WS last summer and met Pat the local forest ranger. He was acting like a real ambassador to the sport, offering trail maps and not asking that I prove that I am not a criminal (license, insurance, etc.). They are peticuare about helmets and at least a plate on the unit. They are very helpful if you call the Sproul state forest office. State forests are Individual kingdoms, who ever(the king) is in charge is a direct reflection on how and what you can do and be treated.They love most things that they can get revenue from (gas wells, right of ways), but not your buggy. Moshanon state forest is a Marcellus gas patch. The environmental damage "looks nice" because they landscape it to be pleasing aboveground and its damage is underground, tree removal, water run off. This is the forest that should be open to off roading. Major electric, gas, petroleum right of ways through this forest that would be great trails, along with the forest roads.Oh and the nuclear reactor that was supposedly remediated.
Pat wasn't worried about our width, we drove over the gate restriction rocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts