Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
(y)Waiting patiently for KRX track adaptors to come onto the market. That would get me thinking about some serious HP upgrades. If the Pioneer will go through hood deep snow with tracks the KRX will be even more fun. Of course the snow rule of thumb is "what goes through hood deep snow can just as easily become hopelessly stuck in hood deep snow."

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The snow ride taught me that I don't want the BFG KM3 all-terrain style tread tires............a riding buddy had some similar ones on his rig and couldn't keep up with us other rigs with mud terrain lugs.

·
Registered
244 Posts
PSI plays a big role in snow performance. A tire at 3PSI is a different beast than one at 8+PSI. I find many people run too much air in the snow and would rather pull each other out instead of just airing down

·
Registered
318 Posts

The stock tires did very well in 12" of white stuff............
I see you have the extended front mud flaps installed.. looks like the did a fairly good job of keeping the side of the car clean.. I did a run in the snow and slop without them and it was a different story..
where are you? view is great...

·
Registered
397 Posts
The snow ride taught me that I don't want the BFG KM3 all-terrain style tread tires............a riding buddy had some similar ones on his rig and couldn't keep up with us other rigs with mud terrain lugs.
Where are you located? Anyone running the Zillas in your bunch? Curious about a snow report with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts