Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
That looks good! I've debated a back window but what is the value? I don't get cold (honestly I'm too warm even in snow). Maybe to keep dust down but would prob need cab seal kit in that case. I want air flow for when I'm on the dunes this summer which is why I like the flip down window and have run dunes with it down on a hot day.
You'd be a candidate for one of these. Reading your reply you would not be best served with a full glass rear windshield, probably not even a quick to release poly rear. Or get those U.S.A. flags meant for Jeeps or d.i.y. But in the end if you're good without a rear, keep it so. But, a cold rain trickling down the back of your neck on days where it's not quite cold enough to freeze would really suck. Same applies to the elements hitting you from the sides, hence I keep those cheapie disposable rain coats in the sxs.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
Actually I have new Eibach full springs on upgraded and larger fox shocks with a recent upgrade and it's an amazingly smooth ride! The springs have settled after a few rides now and I just need to reset ride height. I'm actually still at 15" with aired down tires so looks are little deceiving in that pic. I'm going over everything without touching skid plate still but I'll prob bump it up an inch or so before next trip.
New springs since the picture was taken? Just looking at the rear tender springs that are nearly collapsed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Totally different shocks
Yes entirely new shocks and springs in that pic. And yes tender springs are a bit compressed compared to when I first put them on. Gonna reset preload and height/cross overs see how they look and sit. Wiĺl do warranty claim if they are collapsed enough so I should be covered. Still rides 200% better than stock and smoother than the ES model (drove Heaps to compare) with Bandit springs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
AK Rock Runner I want your White Hood in trade for my black?
LOL, NOPE!!!! Everyone wants my white hood for some reason. Kawi plastics are cheap enough, order one up. I replaced the entire passenger side plastics and it was not bad at all.

But, it’s a DRY COLD they said!!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
Rocky I do agree that white roof really sets off your machine, looks great. Hint Hint. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Living in Alaska I have been thinking about doing a colored Raptor liner on the plastics in the future. You can do that and choose whatever color you want and it washes up so easily and keeps the plastics from cracking as easily. But that might be a topic for another thread.

Good luck

But, it’s a DRY COLD they said!!!!

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
Maybe I'll be able to contribute to this thread after all, we are supposed to get snow on Sunday. I'm near Charlotte, NC, this is unusual. And... now I've probably jinxed it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Unrelated thread-jack, but I see you have the Ryco with fangs. Where did you buy the side turn signal led's, the 3 on each side and did you simply splice them in or is there a certain trick? I like the fangs but from the side, a person will not see them flashing. Especially if I ever add the upper bumper to the factory one.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
ebay has lots of LED light option, my Ryco kit came with the 3 led pods, then I added the fang light. really like them illuminated and how the fangs strobe for turn signals.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts