Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am trying to get some feed back for an issue I observed last Fall.
My buddy and I both have 2020 KRX`s and we had the same thing happen after aggressive riding.
We have a track built on his property with several High G turns, jumps, and a sand pit to jump into.
We play tag basically and get pretty aggressive. Lots of WOT action.
After some fun we shut them down and a few minutes later started them up and they both smoked like crazy out of the exhaust for a few seconds. Has anyone observed this?
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello,
My buddy and I both have 2020 KRX`s and we had the same thing happen after aggressive riding.
We have a track built on his property with several High G turns, jumps, and a sand pit to jump into.
After some fun we shut them down and a few minutes later started them up and they both smoked like crazy out of the exhaust for a few seconds. Has anyone observed this?
Thanks
ive not seen it but check this thread out white smoke, need help?
see if any of that makes sense

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have not observed this, but have you checked the tube coming out of the intake for oil? It is next to the exhaust, I know people have pulled the plug and drained oil from it.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
What color smoke?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have seen issues where motor oil can get into the airbox and when you restart you will get blue smoke for a few seconds up to a minute after restarting. Not specifically on the KRX but on other machines. Just like if you put the machine on its side, oil can drain into airbox

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
Thanks
Hello,
Thanks
Lots of WOT produces blow by on piston rings. Excessive crankcase pressure is returned to the airbox and is reburned. It is part of the emissions system. The blow by has a lot of oil mist in it. It most likely collected in the bottom of your air box and was sucked in on restart. They make catch cans that collect all of the oily mist and water condensation from your engine. EVO and RPM make good ones. It is much better for your engine not to suck that crap back through. Over time it can cause deposits in your intake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, thanks for the info. Pretty much what I was figuring. WOT you have 0 engine vacuum so oil vapors just collect somewhere. Looks like they end up in the air intake. Will look into a fix.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also make sure after aggressive riding you drive it around to let it cool before you shut it off. It will heat soak and temps can get pretty high if you shut it off immediately after hard riding.

In racing we always do a cool down lap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts