Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had a slow leak in my right front tire for several months now. I can’t see any nails or screws in the tread. I bought a torque wrench and checked the bead lock bolts using the suggested star pattern. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I recently had the same issue. I took it to two different tire shops trying to chase it down. The second shop had a full tire dunk tank. They fully submerged it and finally got the bubble trail.

I had taken a rock into the wheel and it got pinched on the brake caliper and punched a crack into the wheel. For a fix, I pulled the wheel and tire apart, took a hammer and closed it up and then used a dremmel to clean the surface. Mixing up a batch of jb weld and letting it cure all day before reassembling seems to have fixed the issue.

You may just have a bad beadlock seal. Take it apart and clean the surfaces thoroughly and re torque it.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
355 Posts
I put Flat Out in all my side by side tires. I’ll probably have a problem since I’m now saying I’ve never even had a slow leak.

Reactions: TripleB

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,245 Posts
Fill it to the max psi and get it in a dunk tank, completely submerged. That's the best, and sometimes only, way to find a slow leak.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
Or buy all new wheels and tires. I hear those stock ones are junk so I’ll gladly take them from you and scrap them. I swear I won’t use them for myself. 😂

·
Registered
548 Posts
Fill it to the max psi and get it in a dunk tank, completely submerged. That's the best, and sometimes only, way to find a slow leak.
Plus one. My son says I have some voodoo curse on me for slow leaks. I try to chase em with a spray bottle but almost always have to go to the tank. Fingers crossed, so far the KRX tires have had zero loss.

·
Registered
548 Posts
LOL.....its the law of averages. I just did an onsite tire count and it's fricken 50! Not including small stuff like wheel barrows and snowblower kind of tires. No wonder I'm so tired. Keeping them pressurized is almost a job in itself. 3-4 slow leakers out of 50 isn't do bad.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,245 Posts
LOL.....its the law of averages. I just did an onsite tire count and it's fricken 50! Not including small stuff like wheel barrows and snowblower kind of tires. No wonder I'm so tired. Keeping them pressurized is almost a job in itself. 3-4 slow leakers out of 50 isn't do bad.
32 tires for me. I have 3 atv tires that are slow leakers, all three are rear tires. I just air them up when needed and have never bothered to even try to find the leaks. :LOL:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts