Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's all you hear from the non-KRX owners. LOL. Just think what it would do to the competition if it were fast, light, and overpowered. LOL
Pretty telling video Here

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well, there you have it....I'm trading it in and I haven't even taken delivery (damn, hopefully tomorrow). Deranged Off Road has supposedly shaved about 2 seconds off their 0-60 time with simple clutch work ($350 ish kit). Having had sleds, I know this is quite possible. A SC or TC add is less expensive than a complete suspension rework that still can't compensate for poor geometry and mounting points.......I guess i'll keep it and see what happens as I'm kind of done with stupid fast at my age anyway.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
389 Posts
Well if that video doesn’t show you WHY Kawasaki does things the way they do, nothing will.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bob, I read your post and immediately thought of that video! Then clicked the link and well, there it was haha!

They will have nothing to say once the turbo or super is out even tho as N/A it still is smoking them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
KRX will be a competitive desert racer once it gets more power. I dont see it ever being to competitive in tighter closed course action due to its weight/size. You cant fling that thing into a corner like a YXZ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bob, I read your post and immediately thought of that video! Then clicked the link and well, there it was haha!

They will have nothing to say once the turbo or super is out even tho as N/A it still is smoking them.
My exact same thoughts @Outrun! That KRX was eating, just about start to finish. Against turbos!

·
Registered
238 Posts
KRX will be a competitive desert racer once it gets more power. I dont see it ever being to competitive in tighter closed course action due to its weight/size. You cant fling that thing into a corner like a YXZ.
Did you watch the video in the OP? Bone stock KRX took 1st over all the other machines.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The KRX is a lot better machine than a lot of folks give it credit for. It's not all about big HP numbers, as is being proven over and over now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As a wise Jedi off road racer once said: Luke, the force is useless if you can't keep it connected to the ground.

Reminds me of my way old Honda Odyssey days in SOCAL. My and my friends were always visiting DG performance in Anaheim to get the latest scoop on their racing rig and latest tech. Went to a race to watch them do unlimited class. Well, some smart guy put a sled engine in his (unlimited is unlimited) and it was assumed that the huge HP advantage would kill the competition. IIRC he finished way down the pack because he couldn't keep the rears hooked up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts