Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or heard of a sliding rear glass window to fit the KRX? Looking at a few solid ones it appears as though it could be done.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
I’ve seen one with vents. Similar to a Seizmik vent, it had one in the middle. Might have been Spike brand?

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Might have been Spike brand?
Spike does make a vented one. For those of you with rear glass or poly windshields, are they generally flat? I read somewhere where a front windshield could be taken off and installed on the back. Anybody really done that? I don't think the lower seal area would be the same, is the cage geometry the same in both places? Maybe I should try the Kawasaki soft panel and save myself a bunch of grief.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
I believe: Moving the front to the rear is intended for transport so you can drive without a front windshield. It’s not to substitute for a proper rear.

I have the Kawasaki rear and it’s beautifully made. It wraps at the corners. It’s hard coated polycarbonate. Not all aftermarket will be hard coated. Not nearly as important in the rear as the front but you know it’s worth it. Anything I’ve run that wasn’t ends up scratched no matter how careful you are.

EDIT: I think there’s not enough structure for a rear slider. Seriously. You might build a frame to support that but the aftermarket doesn’t. My OEM flexes way too much to have a sliding window. Part of this decision has to be weight savings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts