Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at beefing up my skid plate protection. I've had trail armor A arm gaurds before and they were rock solid but held everything under the sun and wouldn't drain anything unless holes were drilled. My question is would you go with a full skid plate protection like the one trail armor sells with rock sliders a arm gaurds etc.. or just piece together kawasaki factory parts and replace skid plate with there uhmw skid plate later. My local Kawai shop has A arm gaurds in stock. If a full skid plate system what brands are you guys running?

One I was looking at.

Trail Armor Kawasaki KRX 1000, KRX 1000 Special Edition, KRX 1000 Trail Edition and KRX 1000 eS Full Skids with Integrated Side Skid Plates

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
So I'm looking at beefing up my skid plate protection. I've had trail armor A arm gaurds before and they were rock solid but held everything under the sun and wouldn't drain anything unless holes were drilled. My question is would you go with a full skid plate protection like the one trail armor sells with rock sliders a arm gaurds etc.. or just piece together kawasaki factory parts and replace skid plate with there uhmw skid plate later. My local Kawai shop has A arm gaurds in stock. If a full skid plate system what brands are you guys running?

One I was looking at.

Trail Armor Kawasaki KRX 1000, KRX 1000 Special Edition, KRX 1000 Trail Edition and KRX 1000 eS Full Skids with Integrated Side Skid Plates
Go look at the 1000es build thread. He went into in depth on this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The kawi a arm guards break pretty easy at the mount holes. The tusk skid plate is way better coverage then the stock kawi one but shorter on the sides then the trail armor. Tusk can be at your house by next week where as trail armor is weeks/months out. The stock skid/floor boards will dent up and make any of the skid plate a pain to mount up. If the holes get packed with dirt/sand/out door elements. You will need to drill and re tap the threads. Definitely a good investment in any of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts